Bolton White Hotels & Apartments is a leading firm in the hospitality industry. We are dedicated to ensuring the comfort of our guests. Our luxury accommodation in the heart of Garki and Wuse zone 7 in Abuja offers unparalleled guest services. Bolton White Hotels & Apartments is superbly placed to cater for guest service requirements; ensuring guest stay is both pleasant & unforgettable, we combine the experience of our team which represents a breadth and depth of expertise that is unmatched, and we believe our people are the cornerstone of our success. We are committed to making our place a great place to work and provide the foundation for building successful careers. If you share our passion for delivering unequal hospitality service where details matter, apply today to join our team.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Waiter/Barman/Waitress
Report To: F&B Manager
- As the Front Waiter / Front Waitress you will perform multi-functional duties related to food service, preparation, set-up and clean-up.
- This position leads the front of the house to create guest satisfaction. This position reports to the F&B Supervisors and F&B Manager or Chef Manager.
- Applicant must be able to accommodate a flexible schedule.
- Preference will be given to candidates with 2 or more years experience in hospitality industry, preferably in Hotel/restaurant Environment.
- Work with a support server attending to a group of tables in the dining room.
- Work with team members to oversee the taking of orders, delivery, and overall satisfaction of guests.
- Assist Cooks to prepare and serve high quality, hot, fresh food in a timely and courteous manner.
- Prepare the dining room / restaurants for service: maintain all flatware, condiments and beverages in a constant state of readiness.
- Cleaning bistro area between meals.
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe kitchen and dining room environment.
- Ensure proper storage of equipment and handling of food to meet health department requirements, as well as high standards of cleanliness and sanitation, as described in the Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Follow all Policies and Procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Use diplomacy and tact in dealing with disgruntled or confused guest.
- Actively support good health and safety practices within area of responsibility as follows:
- Maintain a safe work area through good housekeeping. Keep safety equipment in good working condition.
- Actively participate in health and safety training, and demonstrate competency based on training received.
- Actively participate in accident, injury and illness prevention activities:
- Identify and correct hazards and unsafe conditions.
- Participate in accident investigations.
- Bring health and safety issues, unsafe acts and safety suggestions to management’s attention or correct on your own initiative.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisors or manager.
- HND or its equivalent.
- Proficiency in verbal and written English.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn and work.
- Interest in working with people from all backgrounds.
- Ability to work assigned shifts, including weekends.
- Knowledge of Cleaning Standards in a commercial food operation.
Job Title: ICT Officer
- Be at the disposal of the Log base for any other tasks they deem necessary
- Fulfill the following tasks (some of them being covered in the IT SOP):
- Provide new starters with IT equipment set up to their needs
- Manage the networks across all sites
- Manage network prioritization due to limited bandwidth
- Develop and put in place sound back-up systems
- Establish and enforce various IT policies (setting up e-mails, use of internet, accounts deletion, etc)
- Provide resolution to IT issues (repairs and maintenance)
- Shall with the ICT Officer provide technical advice on CCTV operations to the base security manager whenever the needs arise
- Shall ensure that recommended anti-virus is installed on all the computers in the base and regularly updated
Qualification, Experience and Attribute of the Ideal Candidate
- Degree and Postgraduate qualifications (or equivalent) in IT/Networks
- Minimum 2 years professional experience in related work within a Similar Organization
- Good spoken and written English
- Good knowledge of electrical, hardware and software maintenance and moving is mandatory
- Flexible working hours, Healthy and Physical capability of moving equipment,
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to solve problems;
- Ability to follow instructions,
- Ability to work both independents and as an effective team member,
- Ability to think and communicate clearly with others
- Flexible working hours Reporting deadlines Operate in low resource environments
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, team-work, High level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
Job Title: Sales & Marketing Executive
- 5 – 7 years cognate experience in Sales and Marketing in the Hotel Industry.
- Academic Qualification: B.Sc/ HND in relevant fields. Hotel Marketing Knowledge with solid clientele will be a huge advantage. Only Abuja based applicants need apply.
Job Title: Room Attendant
- Clean and service rooms according to established standards and procedures
- Strip and wax floors as needed, clean and polish all furniture, railings, table tops, mirrors in assigned areas.
- Report to supervisor needed repairs or unsafe conditions.
- Respond to guest complaints, special requests and ensure corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and control supplies and amenities, and minimize waste within all areas of housekeeping.
- Report, turn in, and/or log any lost and found items according to established procedures.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- May regularly assist with deep cleaning projects.
Qualifications and Skills
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar post in a 5 stars hotel or Hospitality sector.
- Must be hardworking, polite, energetic with attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate at all levels in English
- Good understanding of the Hotel Industry standards, policies and procedures
- Service minded and ability to support operations.
Job Title: Security Operative
Shift: Varies (including weekends)
Scope of Position
- The operative shall be responsible for the security of the hotel, its quests and staff with the hotel policies and rules
Responsibility and Duties
- Search for, respond to and handle any security challenges, issues, concerns and disaster emergency situations in accordance with all policies, procedures and regulations.
- Ensure the safety & security of the hotel’s assets, guests, and team members.
- Responsible for safeguarding of hotel property, assets, guests, and team members.
- Duties to include but not limited to patrolling the hotel to ensure guests and team members are safe.
- Answer in-house calls, assist guests and team members with safety, security and hotel operations.
- Initiate investigations
- Write up incident reports, monitor investigations and ensure proper follow up.
- Due to the nature of the hotel industry, this position may require varying schedules and other duties to reflect the need of the hotel
- A minimum of National Diploma or its equivalent
- Age 28 – 40 years of age
- Prior security/law enforcement experience, hotel preferred.
- Read, write and speak English fluently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public and other Team Members.
Job Title: Continental Cook
Report To: Executive Chef
- To be totally customer focused by consistently delivering excellent customer service with an informed, friendly and effective approach.
- To be responsible for the preparation and presentation of all dishes in your allocated area, ensuring that all guests receive efficient service and high quality dishes.
- To gain experience in all sections of the kitchen and ensure company and legal requirements are maintained at all times.
- To be fully aware of the preparation and service of all dishes on the hotel menus.
- To prepare and present dishes on hotel menus according to customer requirements.
- To ensure mis en place is carried out in your allocated area of work to meet forecasted demand.
- To maintain portion control guidelines in order to ensure the profitability of kitchen is maintained.
- To record temperature checks on food and in storage areas as directed to ensure statutory requirements are met and report any variances are rectified immediately.
- To ensure food materials are stored correctly and rotated to meet company and legal requirements.
- To keep food wastage to a minimum.
- To maintain high standards of working practices in terms of personal appearance and safe and hygienic working practices.
- To assist with the training of and supervise other members of the kitchen brigade.
- To assist with quality control and menu planning where appropriate.
- To practice the correct and safe use and care of all items of equipment.
- To report all damage, hazards and wear and tear occurring within your areas of work.
- To ensure all security and control procedures laid down are strictly adhered to.
- To assist with various cleaning duties as required.
- To be aware of product cost and kitchen gross profit targets.
- To assist with the ordering of food materials as required following company procedures.
- To consistently deliver superior customer service through our Customer Service Programme
- To be fully aware of and strictly observe Food Safety regulations and requirements.
- To attend training when required.
- To be fully aware of and strictly observe Health & Safety and fire procedures.
- To be fully aware of and comply with hotel and company rules and regulations as identified in the team member handbook.
- At least a minimum three years working experience in a similar position
- At least Secondary school education and must be able to communicate in English.
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment
- Complete command of culinary basics
- Active listening skills: implementing the advice offered
- Time management: fluctuations in activity levels
- Taking the initiative
- Paying attention to detail and quality: respecting the instructions given
- Team spirit
Job Title: Gym/Pool Attendant
- Candidates should possess relevant qualifications, with at least 3 years work experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as email Subject
Submit CV at:
Bolton White Hotel,
7 Gwandu Street, By Sahad Stores,
Area 11, Garki, Abuja.
Note: Only suitable candidates will be shortlisted.