Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
PUI is implementing humanitarian activities in Nigeria since April 2016, by providing comprehensive integrated response with food security, nutrition, health and protection projects in conflicts affected communities in Borno State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information & Communication Technology (ICT) Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
The PUI Nigerian Mission has been officially opened in April 2016, with a focus on meeting urgent needs, including improving access to food commodities, primary health care and nutrition for Internally Displaced People (IDP) and host communities (HC) living in Maiduguri Metropolitan Council (MMC).
The progressive sectorial widening allowed PUI to start implementing an integrated approach from 2017 in food security, livelihoods, and nutrition and health sectors, with the support of ECHO, FFP, OFDA and CIAA/CDC, in line with PUI’s global strategy. In mid-2018, PUI has developed its comprehensive response by adding Protection and Community Outreach (PCO) activities to the existing programs in Bolori II.
In 2018, PUI has also scaled up its intervention with the opening of Monguno LGA base, with the main objectives of reducing morbidity and mortality of the most vulnerable population and promoting protection amongst the whole affected community. This opening in Monguno allowed PUI to reach the vulnerable population in Kukawa and Cross Kauwa LGA. PUI is now looking for its Program team anAir Cargo Consolidation Project Manager (National).
- The I.C.T Officer supports the Logistics Coordinator and the Deputy Logics Coordinator in activities linked to, ICT and communications according to PUI standards and procedures in order to adequately meet the ICT needs of the various bases on the mission
- He / She works under direct supervision of the Deputy Logistics Coordinator.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Software and Mission Share-Point Management:
- Manage the installation of Software on mission’s computers e.g anti-virus, Office Suite and all other software for the mission
- Keep license codes and use them accountably on the mission’s computers
- Recommend the purchase and use of Software to the Deputy Logistics coordinator and the Logistics Coordinator
- Resolve all staff issues regarding software on mission computer systems
- Provide guidance and training to staff on the use of new software
- Setup and manage a mission-wide database/SharePoint
- Make sure weekly backup of all mission’s laptops are done and recorded
Management, Maintenance and Repairs of IT and Communication Equipment:
- Facilitate the repair of faulty ICT equipment such as laptops, printers, scanners, radio etc
- Collect ICT needs and communicate to the Deputy Logistics Coordinator and the Logistics Coordinator
- Maintain a physical inventory of mission’s ICT equipment
- Raise Purchase Requests for ICT material needs
- Follow-up and prepare necessary documentations for airtime payments for the whole mission
- Manage the registration, swapping and issuance of SIM cards for staff across the bases on the mission
- Issue all communication devices such as Mobile phones, Satellite phones and HF/VHF Radios to the requesting bases
- Ensure the availability and installation of quality toners for the mission’s printers
- Provide guidance/training to staff on use of ICT and communication equipment to avoid damage
- Ensure proper allocation of computers and phones for all bases
- Ensure proper use of mission’s radio communication devices
- Update the mission contact list whenever new emails or phone numbers are created and ensure the accuracy of the mission contact list at all time
- Ensure that the communication equipment in safe rooms are functional at all time
Email Creation Request and Installation Facilitation:
- Ensure the timely creation of Email address for staff when requested
- Manage the password database for emails on the mission
- Manage installation, removal and any other related issues relating to emails
- Assist new staff in the installation of email signatures and facilitate the uniformity of email signatures according to PUI standards and guidelines
- Share all newly created email addresses with the Logistics officer.
Payment and Renewal of Internet and Communication Subscription:
- Ensure the configuration of mission contact list on mobile phones
- Monitor internet consumption, make recommendations on internet use, restrictions and facilitate the timely renewal of internet subscription
- Liaise with the internet service provider in case of any problems or inadequacies on the internet across all PUI bases
Documentation and Reporting:
- Maintain accurate record of all mission’s ICT and communication equipment
- Share reports to the Deputy Logistics coordinator on a monthly basis
- Archive and centralize logistics files related to ICT and communication
- Maintain good record of mission’s passwords and ensure utmost integrity and accountability in the use of PUI software licenses
The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
Qualification and Required Skills
- Language skills: Fluent in English and Hausa and Kanuri are a plus
- Education Degree: Diploma or graduate in Computer Science or Engineering related fields, ICT, Information Management Sciences or other relevant ICT recognized professional qualifications
- Work experience: Minimum 1 year working in core ICT functions
- Previous experience in an INGO is an added advantage.
Knowledge and Skills
- Problem solving skills
- Analytical Skills
- Excellent knowledge of Internet infrastructure management
- Excellent knowledge of I.T equipment management
- Functional knowledge on the use of Radio communication equipment and procedures
- Computer skills:Pack Office and any other software. Internet trouble-shooting skills
- Interests:Commitment to the NGO values and principles
- Initiatives taker
- Independent worker
- Honesty and Integrity
Deadline: 16th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted.
- This position is open to Nigerian nationals only.