The Eye Foundation Hospital was started in 1993 as a high tech specialist Eye hospital capable of providing services comparable to those obtainable abroad. It is the first and foremost indigenous eye practice in the country that runs a group practice with many sub specialized ophthalmologists.
Over the past 20 years, we have been helping with the fight against preventable blindness in Nigeria and West Africa, and have built partnerships with numerous organizations, various state governments and financial institutions. All of these with the aim of bringing better eye care to the poor, either through the Eye Foundation Hospital itself or it sister Charity hospitals- Deseret Community Vision Institute & Deseret Eye Center.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cashier
Reports To: Banking/Sales Officer, Head of Finance
- The Cashier is responsible for receiving payment by cash, cheque, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits. Issues receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
- The cashier also count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- OND preferably in Accounting or Economics.
- Minimum of a year working experience in a similar role is required
- Ability to use an Accounting software preferably Sage or QuickBooks is an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Customer satisfaction-oriented
- Attention to detail and mathematical skills
- Sales skills
Your duties shall include, but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for receiving and confirming bill for patient on the system; if bill amount is correct before collection of payment.
- In case of cash payment, you must ensure that appropriate amount is paid by verifying the cash paid by the patient.
- In case of cheque payment, the Consultant in charge of the patient must sign the bill approving the cheque collection.
- In the case of direct lodgment, transfer and POS, transactions must be confirmed approved before proceeding to issuing receipt.
- Receipt(s) will only be issued after payment is made.
- Posting of transaction into the QuickBooks appropriately.
- Balance transactions at the end of the day with Accountant/ Auditor.
- Report sign by both parties on the cash to be lodged.
- Responsible for summarizing corporate bills daily, weekly and monthly.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Preparation of weekly and monthly reports
- Posting of journals.
- Preparation and Updating of ledgers.
- Preparation of assigned reports.
- Any other duties as assigned by your supervisor, manager & the Medical Director from time to time.
Deadline: 25th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: [email protected] clearly indicating the “Job Title” as subject of your mail.