A reputable Business Membership Organisation (BMO) on the island seeks the services of competent professionals to the fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Personal Assistant to the DG/C.E.O
- The position is strategic, and requires a very close work relationship with the CEO
- The ideal Candidate must be innovative, flexible, versatile, confident, result-oriented and able to work out sketchy, sometimes, complex business information to a practical and deliverable conclusion with minimal or no supervision.
- To free the CEO’s time via the provision of a dedicated high-level administrative and business focused support as well as ensure the smooth running of the company by virtue of administrative role even in complex, and equivocal business/office condition.
- Maintain CEO’s calendar, prioritize, harmonize, schedule meetings and appointments
- Organize, review, prioritize, and manage the CEO’s paper and electronic business correspondences including his e-mails and personal and business invitations; (and determine the appropriate action to take on his behalf)
- Assist CEO with communications content management and proofreading of business-related correspondences as well as provide administrative support for speaking engagements, and media appearances.
- Prepare and ensure minutes of meetings are accurate and undertake prompt follow-up of actionable items from the meeting.
- Make travel arrangements and hotel bookings proactively, ensuring all necessary materials and required information, both official and personal, are intact. Support the CEO with planning, managing the budget and ensuring accurate expense reports.
- Provide back up and assist the CEO with the management of key projects with the goal of delivering on time, within budget and within the scope
- Compile management reports and presentations focused on the Company’s productivity and operations while exercising good judgment and discretion with highly confidential information.
- Stand in the gap for the CEO during meetings, participating in teamwork, and report to the CEO as needed/required.
- Perform other related administrative duties and responsibilities as directed and as required from time to time.
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor of Science or Art (B.Sc. or BA) minimum
- Master of Science or Art (M.Sc. or MBA) optional.
- Minimum of 5 cognate years’ of Secretarial/Administrative/Project Management experience.
Job Title: Manager, Training & Capacity Development
Reports Directly to: Director, Training & Capacity Development
Directly Supervises:Training Officers & Asst. Managers
- To provide strong support to the Directorate of Training and Capacity Development through technically sound services that cut across the spectrum of the training value chain, particularly marketing of training products in a professional manner that gets results and sets the organisation above competition in fulfilling its mandate on a sustainable basis
- To manage human and material resources in the department effectively and efficiently, to fulfil both organisational and individual potentials.
- To assist the Director of Training & Capacity Development in general management of assignments, projects, as well as supervision of human and material resources in the Department
- To manage the Marketing & Business Development Unit of the Department profitably, actualising the key deliverables within timelines
- Market all the Institute’s training and capacity development offerings to generate leads and convert leads to businesses
- Develop new products or programmes that lead to marketable businesses in the private and public sectors of the economy
- Market and winin-plant or in-boardroom assignments for the Department
- Market members and non-members for the Department’s open and international programmes
- Manage assignments earned from the Federal and State Governments’ parastatals, ministries, departments and agencies (MDAs)
- Manage and report on collaborative/partnership programmes of the Department with a view to ensure that they are productive in the interest of the Institute
- Engage all training partners of the Institute to ensure smooth communication flow
- Generate new partnerships with organisations or institutions within and outside the country whose delivery will add value to training activities in the Institute.
- Interface with the Branch Offices to ensure improved and seamless conduct of training programmes in their domains
- Manage the training department database with a view of making it viable, usable and ever up-to-date.
Academic & Professional Qualifications
- First Degree or its equivalent in Social, Business, or related fields
- A Masters degree will be an added advantage
- Professional qualification, certification and membership of, at least, one professional body e.g. CIPM, NIM etc.
- Minimum of 10 years post-qualification experience, with not less than 2 years as an Assistant or Deputy manager in training functions
- Experience in BMOs or in similar organisations is an added advantage
- An evidential marketing experience will be an added advantage
Required Functional Competencies:
- Strong Marketing and Business Development Skills
- Excellent Written & Oral Communication Skills
- Strong Negotiation Skills
- Strong Training Design & Administration Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Project Management Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Proficiency in the use of MS Word, PowerPoint & Excel
Deadline: 29th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: [email protected] clearly indicating the “Job Title” as subject of your mail.