The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technology Transfer Officer
Project ID No.: 2100155036067
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is implementing the Fall Armyworm (FAW) enabler Compact, financed through a grant from the African Development Bank toward the cost of the Technologies for African Agricultural Transformation (TAAT) Program and intends to apply part of the proceeds for this grant to facilitate payments under the contracts for individual consultant for position of Technology Transfer Officer.
- The Consultant is expected to communicate strategies for FAW management to the Zambian national program and other local delivery actors using various communication channels;
- Assist in the development of FAW training and awareness materials and their dissemination to public and private sector national partners, and farmers; Facilitate the training of national partners and farmers on the identification of FAW, FAW field assessments and scouting, and responsible use of plant protection products;
- Be responsible for setting up and maintaining trials and demonstration plots of proven/promising FAW management technologies and organizing Field Days to showcase performance of such technologies;
- Participate in scaling up and deployment of proven FAW management technologies and be responsible for follow-ups to assess on-farm performance of such technologies;
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of the FAW Compact so as to assess progress made towards set targets and goals; Document farmers’ initiatives in managing FAW and other evident natural pest regulatory processes for inclusion into the R4D agenda for FAW.
- The assignment shall be for the life of the Project but shall be for a duration of one (1) year in the first instance and is expected to start on 1st November, 2019.
- The desired Consultant is expected to possess a B.Sc. Degree in Agriculture, Biological Sciences or related discipline with at least four (4) years of professional work experience in agricultural technology transfer, integrated pest management, or a closely related role
- Demonstrable knowledge of FAW biology and ecology, surveillance or monitoring programs, management technologies, set-up and management of FAW trials (on-station and on-farm), farmer and extension worker training on FAW;
- Work experience with public and private institutions, strategic stakeholders and local delivery actors on FAW-related activities (e.g. farmer training, determination of incidence, assessment of performance of technologies under evaluation or under limited deployment, M&E data collection, etc.);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and fluent in one or more of Zambia’s national languages;
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary, multi-institutional, and multicultural environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates (Consultants) must provide comprehensive Curriculum Vitae information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services including a description of similar assignments done and experience in similar conditions.
Applications (Expressions of interest) should be delivered to the address below:
Attn: Chrysantus Akem; PhD,
TAAT Program Coordinator | Program Management Unit,
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture,
Headquarters & West Africa Hub,
PMB 5320, Oyo Road, Ibadan 200001,
Oyo State, Nigeria.
Job Title: Water Treatment Plant Operator
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Contract: 3-year renewable contract
- Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Carry out operation and maintenance of water treatment plant, swimming pool plant, sewage treatment plant and dam pumping stations;
- Dose chemicals for processing of water and wastewater;
- Clean water treatment plants, swimming pool plants, sewage plant, pump stations and its surroundings;
- Take hourly reading and record it in operation production sheet;
- Perform all other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- OND/Trade Test Certificate in Mechanical Engineering with minimum of three (3) years relevant experience performing same role.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have good interpersonal skills.
- Be honest, trustworthy and hardworking
- Be able to run shift duty.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover Letter and CV saved with their names in Microsoft word format, The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here for more Information (PDF)
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.
Application Deadline: 17th October, 2019.