Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs of improving Sexual and Reproductive Health, Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, etc. We offer professional opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration.
We seek applications from qualified applicants for the position below:
Job Title: Program/M&E Officer
Type of Appointment: Full Time
Duration: Twelve (12) months
The State Program/M&E Officer shall, under the direct supervision of the Program Manager, carry out the following activities:
- Responsible for the implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities
- Support the Program Manager in the preparation of Monthly and other routine program reports
- Works with the Program Manager to ensure that the Program/monitoring and evaluation activities are conducted appropriately in line with Project, Country and donor needs.
- Ensure Community Testers are familiar and compliant with all necessary M&E tools
- Participate in State Monitoring and Evaluation Technical Working Group meetings.
- Ensure regular maintenance of database/information system.
- Provide direct oversight/supervision to Testers and ensure adherence to implementation guidelines in the assigned LGAs of operation
- Develop M & E plan for the state team for the conduct of routine monitoring visits to project sites, including the conduct of data verification, and validation and data quality assessments (DQAs).
- Ensure all data are validated monthly before reporting
- Prepare monthly M&E reports and share with the Program Manager before the final submission to ARFH Abuja Office
- Analysis data for informed decision
- Assist in following up on implementation of recommendations by developing monthly tracking template
- Carry out any other tasks assigned from the country office.
- Applicants must have a minimum qualification of University Degree/HND in Statistics, Sciences or Social Sciences with minimum of 3 years post NYSC professional experience in HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis or Malaria project implementation
- Similar experience with donor funded programs especially Global Fund CSS grant will be an added advantage
- Such an individual must be ready to work in a team and must have excellent time management skills and strong attention to detail. Excellent writing and communications skills in English language are also required
- Successful candidates must be very knowledgeable in community interventions especially community HIV testing and have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Such a candidate must be knowledgeable in the conduct of project related researches for informed decision
- Computer literacy with demonstrated use of word processing, database (DHIS) and presentation software (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Applicant’s experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above.
Job Title: Project Transport Officer
Type of Appointment: Full Time
Duration: 12 Months
- The Project Transport Officer (TO) shall under the supervision of the Finance & Admin Associate provide transportation to project staff during grant implementation.
- Provide transportation support to staff or project activities.
- Handle vehicle fueling and maintenance, and ensure adherence to organization’s transport and security policies.
- Provide logistical support as requested by the project office (line manager).
- Level of Education: SSCE/Diploma
- At least 4 years of professional driving with valid Nigerian Driver’s license and with NGOs
- Good spoken and written skills in English language and local language of cluster applied for.
- Experience working on the community component of GF HIV Impact Project.
Job Title: Finance & Admin Associate
Type of Appointment: Fixed term
Duration: Twelve (12) months
- The role is to provide support to Program Manager in ensuring that documents for payment of Counsellor Testers and State Program officers monthly allowance are collated on timely and efficient manner, processed in line with organization policy and donor organization standard of operation
- The role reports to Program Manager.
- Collect and collate all fund requests from State team
- Raise Payment Vouchers
- Prepares bank reconciliation statement
- Prepares Management report
- Prepares statutory financial reports as fall dues
- Process approvals for payment requests
- File payment vouchers after ensuring all necessary documents
- Review of program retirements
- Track administrative expenses of state offices
- Ensure adherence to retirement and donor specific guidelines for reporting
- Conduct supportive supervision to Counsellor Testers
- Review the financial document collected and cross checking to ensure arithmetical accuracy
- Ensure adherence to procurement guidelines
- Prompt payment of statutory deductions and filling of such document
- Responsible for Asset management
- Documentation of CTs documents
- Providing administrative responsibilities
- Any other duties as assigned.
The candidate is expected to demonstrate strong personality skill in the following:
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Integrity and honesty
- Strong interpersonal relationship skill
- Ability to communicate in written and oral English
- Ability to work with minimal level of supervision.
- Applicant must have a minimum of University Degree in Accounting, Economics or other Social Science courses or Higher National Diploma Certificate in Accounting & other Social Science courses
- Minimum of 2 years’ work-related experience in a similar organization
- Excellent organization and time management skills, pro-activeness in managing risks, self-motivated and resilient in stress management, strong attention to details, excellent writing and communication skills in English language are required. Similar experience with donor funded programs especially Global Fund CSS grant will be an added advantage
- Successful candidates must have extensive knowledge of Nigeria public health sectors with strong analytical and problem solving/teamwork skills
- Computer literacy with demonstrated use of word processing, database and presentation software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- The applicant’s experience must reflect the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed above.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interested candidates must indicate the Position and State being applied for in the Subject line of the email (E.g. Program/M&E Officer – Rivers)
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Deadline: 4pm; 25th October, 2019.