INTERSOS is an independent, no-profit organization which, through its own humanitarian operators, intervenes to effectively answer the needs of people in serious crises situations, mainly in the world’s poorest regions, who are suffering, deprived of rights, dignity and essentials goods. It maintains a flexible operating structure. The head office in Italy coordinates, supports and monitors the planned activities in the countries of intervention carried out by decentralised offices. The statutory bodies of INTERSOS, are: the Members Assembly, the Council, the Society for Auditing and Certification of Accounts.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition Officer
Location: Damasak, Borno
Start Date: ASAP
Reporting to: Field Coordinator
Supervision of: Nutrition Assistants
General Purpose of the Position
- Supervision and reporting of BSFP and supportive nutrition activities
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
- Ensure accurate, complete and up to date information made available for available for effective nutrition program implementation, provision of technical assistance as well as supportive monitoring and evaluation
- Implement a social behavioral change communication strategy at the community level
- Supervise regular follow up and management of malnutrition cases at the OTP/SC
- Provide and supervise nutrition training to community nutrition mobilizers
- Presentation of monthly nutrition progress report
- Daily, Weekly & Monthly reporting of nutrition activity.
- Supervise project efficiency/effectiveness enhanced through effective implementation of nutrition program activity.
- Conduct monthly BSFP distribution activity to target population
- Provide technical support to CMAM and BSFP program component within the community including ensuring awareness sessions, screening and tracking.
- Develop and supervise an effective mother to mother support group
- Conduct and Supervise nutrition specific value adding activities (SBCC, Home gardening, food hygiene promotion etc
- Tertiary level of Education in Nutrition, Nursing, Medicine, Public Health, Health/Food Science and related field “desirable”
- Minimum of 3 years in humanitarian work “desirable”
- Previous nutrition work experience
- Good speaking, writing and reading skills
- Good computer skills
- English, Hausa and Kanuri “desirable”
- Hardworking, discipline and trustworthy “desirable”
Deadline: 4:00pm, 25th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Candidates interested in this position should complete the form in the link above and attach their CV with the following format “Surname_Position you applied for”.
- ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
- INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment.