The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Reconciliation Officer
Locations: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Qualification and Experience
- B.Sc/HND in Accounting or related fields. ICAN skill level (former ICAN PEII) with minimum of six (6) years’ working experience performing related roles in a structured business environment.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have strong analytical mind,
- Be very good with computer applications especially Oracle application.
- Have very pleasant personality,
- Be a good team player and honest
- Have good communication skills.
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Perform short-term investments management with various banks;
- Prepare and load journals using Accounting Desktop Integrator into Oracle Interface;
- Perform reconciliation of bank/cash account monthly (32 banks, cash and deposit accounts);
- Prepare and send remittance advice to payee on foreign payments made through wire transfer;
- Perform data entry to oracle AP and GL daily;
- Download exchange rate from FT and convert to excel weekly;
- Journalize emergency cash transactions daily and write cash book adjustment daily;
- Attend to enquires from internal/external auditors and from local/oversea suppliers as they affect treasury functions;
- Book fast track purchase and corporate credit card transactions;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Treasury Manager.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Deadline: 21st October, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover Letter and CV saved with their names in Microsoft word format, The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here for more Information (PDF)
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.