Farmgate Agro-Allied Limited commenced full operations in 2016 providing fresh farm produce at good prices to customers in Lagos and Abuja. Our customer base has grown exponentially and we will drive the business through our digital e-commerce platform in order for us to achieve excellent service delivery.
We are currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Quality Assurance Personnel
Location: Benin, Edo
Job Type: Full time
- We are looking for an experienced Quality Assurance Personnel who will influence and implements company policies and strategic direction in quality systems to ensure the safety and quality of all processes and products within the further processing and drying process
- Verify regulatory compliance for all private label items and materials, including product labels, marketing materials, signage, specifications, etc.
- Evaluate new suppliers through the Supplier Approval Program
- Manage all product-related quality activities for assigned categories, including specification approvals, label reviews and approvals, product monitoring, brand standard compliance verification
- Coordinate sensory testing to validate new products against brand standards and specifications.
- Evaluate existing suppliers through the Supplier Approval Program to determine compliance and performance
- Coordinate routine product monitoring of existing products to validate products against brand standards.
- Route documentation to applicable business units for proper review and signature
- Provide feedback to Customer Care team for customer inquiries
- Store all applicable vendor and product documentation in Vendor Documentation systems
- Attend Category and Own Brand product meetings
- Investigate assigned customer complaints and/or claims; coordinate as needed to the supplier.
- B.Sc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field is preferred
- Proven experience as production director
- Deep knowledge of production management
- Understanding of quality standards and health & safety regulations
- Knowledge of performance evaluation and budgeting concepts
- Experience in reporting on key production metrics
- Proficient in MS Office and ERP software
- Outstanding communication ability
- Excellent organizational and leaderships skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong decision-making skills and a results-driven approach.
Job Title: Engineering Assistant
Location: Benin, Edo
Job type: Full-time
- Engineering assistant will provide support to design engineers. Assistants will be involved in engineering and administration of projects; assist in obtaining and reviewing information and approvals for processing of drawings, product data and samples.
- This position assists in the communication of this information across all levels of the project team.
- Assist in designing, developing and executing construction projects.
- Work with Project Manager in reviewing project specifications and in preparing project plan and design sheet.
- Visit sites, prepare construction drawings and develop samples.
- Work with engineering team in developing construction plan.
- Determine budget, schedule, manpower and material and equipment requirements to execute construction project.
- Report all expenses to Project Manager on a timely basis.
- Maintain quality assurance standards for projects.
- Provide technical assistance to field staff when needed.
- Analyze construction problems and recommend corrective actions.
- Order and stock construction materials to avoid shortage
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Agricultural Engineering
- 1-3 years’ experience in agro-business development and management of agriculture focused projects is an added advantage.
- Ability to use computer-aided design (CAD) technology
- Project management certification
- Demonstrated capacity to work with private sector players (financial institutions, buyers, traders, transporters, input suppliers, processors in agriculture value chain).
- Experience with commonly used tools for market analysis and program design such as sub-sector analysis, gross margin analysis and business planning.
- Knowledge of agronomic principles and practices, including crops, soils and nutrients.
- Experience in the practices, principles and operations associated with modern production agriculture.
- Expertise in managing large scale projects;
- Knowledge of the agriculture sector in Nigeria and its regulation and stakeholders
- High level of computer literacy (primarily in Microsoft Office packages).
- Excellent planning and time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work calmly under pressure to deliver as part of a team
- A high level of attention to detail and accuracy in working with numbers;
- Strong analytical ability, able to evaluate and to appraise critically quantitative and qualitative information.
- Fluent in Local languages and English.
- Knowledge of the energy sector and its challenges preferred
- The position will require regular travel within remote rural areas within Nigeria
- Analyzing Information
- General Math Skills
- Reporting Research Results
- Dealing with Complexity
- Presentation Skills
- Verbal Communication
- Written Communication
- Analytical Tools
- Attention to Detail
Deadline: 5th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV/Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.