Babban Gona Agricultural Franchise is a financially sustainable, high impact and highly scalable social enterprise, which is part-owned by the farmers it serves. Babban Gona is an innovative model designed to serve the bottom of the pyramid and transform agriculture into a job-creation engine. Through this agricultural franchise, Babban Gona offers a suite of services to smallholder farmers, helping them to overcome the challenges of fragmentation and low economies of scale.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead – Software Engineering
About the Role
As a Team Lead- Software Engineering you will:
- You will be developing robust mobile and web applications.
- You will work alongside other members of Babban Gona’s Product Development team and own technical delivery of projects.
- You will be primarily aimed at Android development.
- You will be also doing light web development and scripting.
- You have 4+ years of experience in Software Development or an equivalent of education and experience .
- You have basic knowledge of software development life cycle (analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation) and execution models (Agile, Iterative Development, etc.)
- You have the ability to develop Android apps using any framework desired.
- You have understanding of databases, with proficiency in SQL.
- You have the ability to build Microsoft Access data applications while using VBA and Macros.
- You have familiarity with build tools.
- You have mobile UI design experience
- You have basic understanding of data analysis in Excel
- You have unit test and debugging skills.
Nice to have:
- You have Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering or any other related field
- You have understanding of code versioning tools (Git).
- You are fluent in English.
- You have a selfless desire to help
- You are driven to solve the problems of the farming community
- You can adapt to ever-changing processes.
- Manages a small team of developers to launch end-to-end products.
- Works closely with end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction.
- Works on bug fixes and improving application performance.
- Participates in the evolution of company level best practices, standards, and policies
- Plans, designs, develops, tests, and maintains enterprise-level desktop-, web- and mobilebased applications.
- Designs solutions attending to both business and technical considerations.
- Analyses user requirements, envisions system features and functionality.
- Collaborates with product managers, team leads and other software developers.
What’s on Offer?
- A competitive salary and benefits is on offer which is negotiable.
- We will offer relocation assistance; happy to pay for a few extra bags on the plane.
- We are open to considering your buy-out; we know notice periods are long.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online