Pivotage Consulting – Our client, a leading Law firm is currently seeking to grow its team by hiring an experienced candidate to join their team:
Job Title: Accountant
Job ref.: GO/5032/AT
Location: Lagos State, Nigeria.
Type: Full Time
Career: Senior Level Expert
Reports to: MD.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in any Accounting discipline or related field.
- Must have good knowledge of statutory reporting standards.
- Must have an understanding of the operation & application of the Nigerian tax and Pension laws.
- Must have the experience to recovery excess bank charges as an added advantage.
- Must have good knowledge of Peachtree, SAGE and QuickBooks.
- Must have good communication skill both oral and good report writing skills.
- Must possess ACA/ACCA certification (added advantage)
- Must be ICAN certified.
- Must have 4-6 years’ cognate working experience.
- Work experience with a law firm (added advantage)
- Must have good knowledge of any accounting package.
- Must be able to prepare monthly financial accounts, interpret financial statements and carry out bank reconciliations.
- Must have a good business acumen.
- Must have a good Communication and Presentation Skill.
- Must be ethical and a best practice professional.
- Must be a creative thinker.
- Must have an excellent organizational and time management skill
- Must have an industry-wide exposure
- Must have a working knowledge of Excel & PowerPoint MS Office
- Managing the team to ensure compliance with existing accounting policies and standard accounting practices in the company’s policies.
- Pursuing and recovering excess bank charges accrued to the business.
- Ensuring production and review of monthly management accounts and associated reconciliations within the specified monthly deadlines.
- Ensuring timely and accurate recording of the company’s financial transactions.
- Liaising with the company bankers on a regular basis.
- Ensuring accurate maintenance of the company’s general ledgers
- Handling all tax fillings of the company.
- Liaising with external auditors and submitting request documents during audit.
- Maintaining fixed assets register and reconcile to general ledger control account
- Facilitating debt collection for the company main debtors
- Coordinating bank reconciliation
- Maintaining creditors records for the company
- Processing payroll for the employees.
- Processing invoices in accounting system.
- Processing payment vouchers.
- Obtaining payment Voucher approval.
- Processing cheques or payment instructions.
- Issuing cheques to suppliers.
- Reconciling supplier statements.
- Preparing payment schedules.
- Processing invoices to customers’ suppliers and other clients.
- Matching invoices to approved PO or requests as applicable.
- Preparing and submit statutory returns.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Deadline: 24th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV only (MS Word format) to: email@example.com using the role “Accountant” as the subject of their Application.