Charisol Limited Is a world-class software engineering firm with a strong digital marketing arm. We offer services in software development, Talen Resource, E-commerce and Consulting that adds significant value to our clients and society.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality Assurance Automation Analyst – Application (Remote)
- ‘Trouv’ is from the French word ‘Trouvez’ which means find while’ ise’ is from the Yoruba word work.
- Trouvise is Charisol’s online community of product design and software engineering tech talent. We are 100% remote team in Nigeria and the US on a mission to help African developers find fulfillment in working with global brands and diverse teams. We started Trouvise with the belief that Africa has top talent deserving of global recognition and better pay. We are here to make that happen!
- After discovering the global gap between demand and supply of tech talent, we began Trouvise by connecting developers in our network to companies their skills. Six months later, with more interest in our applicants than we can count, we have decided to extend our reach to talents outside our network. We believe Africa – the home of upcoming tech talent, YOU should not be left out of the action.
- The Quality Assurance Automation Analyst’s role is to work closely with development and software Quality Assurance team members to ensure high quality releases for our custom software.
- The Quality Assurance Automation Analyst and Quality Assurance team will be responsible for creation and execution of test plans and design and implementation of the automation framework to support multiple projects.
- The Quality Assurance Automation Analyst will also be required to generate and record documentation during the process and provide updates to the team as needed.
Through previous background and experience, the candidate must demonstrate, with or without an accommodation, the ability to:
- Add and modify test framework functionality based on requirements changes and validate the correctness of the functionality.
- Mature and evolve test architecture through the evaluation and adoption new automation tools, techniques and practices.
- Perform system testing planning, execution and test creation; facilitates user acceptance and regression testing as required working in tandem with the business;
- Ensure that testing activities allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify existing or potential issues.
- Collaborate with software/systems personnel in application testing, such as system, unit, regression, load, and acceptance testing methods.
- Perform defect tracking and communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management.
- Mentor Quality Assurance Analysts
- Analyze failures and collaborate with software development to ensure root cause is investigated.
- Collaborate with software development team to design and implement the automation framework needs and recommend Application improvements as needed.
- Design, build, execute, and maintain automated test framework and their components.
- Maintain and enhance the test automation framework.
- Participate on Agile Scrum teams to review acceptance criteria, provide test estimates and execute tests.
- Investigate and capture issues using logs, browser developer tools and other tools.
- Develop automation infrastructure for continuous integration.
- Record and track tasks and issues in the task/bug tracking system.
- Implement solutions to make automation framework efficient and scalable by reducing redundancies across multiple platforms.
- Review of high level / detailed design, test plan and test cases
- Prepare project status report and management review reports and participate in project review, quality review and audit with the various stakeholders
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Test any new software to ensure integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and technical specifications.
- Analyze formal test results in order to discover and report any defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
- Assist in the development of change control processes, practices, and guidelines for new and existing technologies.
- Participate in developing, distributing, and coordinating in-depth end-user reviews for modified and new systems or applications.
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of quality assurance best practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline or 5-8 years of equivalent combination of demonstrated experience and education may be acceptable.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Identify test scenarios, test cases, test script creation and execution of test cases
- Participate in preparing test plans
- Prepare system, functional and regression test cases / manual test scripts
- Prepare test data, execute test cases and test log based on the execution of test cases
- Setup the testing environment
- Perform functional, integration, systems and regression testing
- Analyze business specifications against test cases
- Log defects in the defect management system
- Participate in the project status review meetings
- Contribute to the knowledge repository
- Proven experience in software testing and related areas of software quality assurance.
- 5+ years of experience in the C# programming language, or similar programming languages, such as C++.
- 5+ years of experience validating and verifying software.
- 5+ years of experience with automated test development tools and testing frameworks using Selenium.
- 5-8 years direct experience in design, development, and implementation of quality assurance standards for software testing.
- 5-8 years direct experience as a tester for major application integration and/or major application product release.
- Strong development experience using Selenium with C# and experience with Selenium Web Driver, IDE, XML, SOAP and REST API’s is required.
- Strong Understanding of REST and demonstrated experience with web services APIs testing/automation
- Knowledge of source code management, such as TFS, SVN, or GIT.
- Experience with TDD, BDD, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery
- Deep understanding of software development and testing best practices.
- Strong written skills and ability to follow established software procedures and generate required software documentation.
- Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies.
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) and Agile Methodology
- Extensive experience with core software applications, including Microsoft web and client/server applications.
- Direct hands-on experience with ad hoc query programs (Microsoft SQL Server required, DB2 a plus), automated testing tools, and reporting software.
- Extensive practical knowledge in importing data for use in report software, spreadsheets, graphs, and flow charts.
- Proven data analysis, data verification, and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience with statistical reporting and analysis.
- Some project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Deadline: 17th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online