RTI International is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 5,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and multidisciplinary services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant – Billing and Customer Relations Management Software Development
- RTI International in collaboration with Plan International and other partners is implementing a 4-year USAID funded Effective Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (E-WASH) project.
- E-WASH will provide technical assistance to state governments to improve urban water service delivery by strengthening the governance, financial, and technical viability of six (6) state water boards (SWBs) in Nigeria. This is part of the United States Government’s (USG) efforts working with the Federal Government to address the heart of the challenges faced by the urban water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) services. The overall goal is improvement of urban water and sanitation service delivery.
- The Effective Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (E-WASH) project, is seeking to identify eligible and competent Consultancy Firms and Service providers via this Expression of Interest (EOI) to be shortlisted for Short Term Technical Assistance to Develop & Deploy an Integrated Billing, Finance And Customer Relations Management Information System in Six State Water Boards – IMO SWC (LOT 1); SOKOTO SWB (LOT 2); TARABA SWA (LOT 3); ABIA SWSC (LOT 4); NIGER SWB (LOT 5); DELTA USWB (LOT 6)
Objectives of the Assignment:
- To develop and/or adapt an existing Billing system in the State Water Utilities
- To undertake the full integration, synchronization and adaptation of the modules and systems i.e. Billing, collection, customer relations management, Finance and Accounts, water production design capacity and level of capacity utilization etc. for reporting, monitoring and supervision purposes.
- To prepare the utility staff and leadership for transition into a commercial orientation through training workshop to build human resource capital in the operations and management of the deployed systems with little or minimum back end support.
- To deploy, test run and to operationalize the system utilizing the geospatial data obtained from the Block Mapping and Customer Enumeration Consultancy, currently under execution.
Qualifications and Experience
- The Consultant should have at least a Master’s degree in a relevant field i.e. Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Accounting or Economics.
- At least fifteen (15) years of demonstratable and proven software development and ICT professional expertise, capacity (experience, recommendations) to undertake this kind of work
- Demonstrate credible experience in works of similar nature, complexity and value for utilities like water and/or electricity
- Demonstrate Innovativeness
- Professional experience in software development, Management Information Systems and computerized billing and collection systems for utilities like water and/or electricity.
- Sector-specific experience on similar assignments and working in a donor-funded environment would be an advantage.
- Shortlisted firms or service providers shall be required to make a presentation of their software or franchise software relevant to the assignment to RTI E-WASH at her Abuja Office.
- The Consultant shall be required under the assignment to mobilize an IT Expert/Assistant who shall support, assist and bring the advantage of synergy of ideas.
- The IT Expert/Assistant must possess a minimum of BSc/HND in IT/Computer Science and demonstrate a minimum of seven (7) years in database management, hardware maintenance and software development including billing and collection system installation and computer networking.
Application Closing Date
5.30 PM; 2nd December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should note and comply with the following:
- Applicants must submit an expression of interest letter, with their detailed curriculum vitae enclosed detailing credible and reputable experience
- Applicants must submit adequate information on themselves, providing information, including but not limited to Name, Physical Address, mailbox address, Telephone number, and Fax number
- Applicants must submit a synopsis of the software operations of the intended program (not more than two pages).
- Applicants shall indicate their capacity to provide the services and this information should include past verified performance of similar assignments undertaken and include a contact person for reference.
- Applicants must indicate clearly on the subject line of the email, the assignment or service, including the specific Lot (i.e. one of bullet 1 – 6) that they are interested in. If you are interested in more than one Lot, then you should submit a separate EOI for each of the states you are interested in. However, take note that allocation of responsible lots will only emerge at the completion of the Procurement Process.
- EOI should be in english and not exceed ten (10) pages (excluding cover page, executive summary and annexes). Any EOI with more than 10 pages will not be considered.
Expressions of Interest (EOI) should be submitted via email to: STTA@ewash.rti.org and addressed to the below:
The Chief of Party, USAID E-WASH Program,
Solutions Plaza One, 1st Floor,
23 Ibrahim Tahir Lane, Cadastral Zone B05, Utako,
Abuja – Nigeria.
- Applicants should indicate the reference number USAID E-WASH – 2019 Technical Assistance to Develop And Deploy an Integrated Billing and Customer Relations Management Information System Eoi Lot X (specify the LOT) in the subject line.
- Issuance of this call does not constitute an award commitment on the part of E-WASH nor commit the project to pay for costs incurred in the preparation and submission of an EOI. Further, E-WASH reserves the right to reject any or all EOI received. Similarly, an invitation for further negotiation or to submit a full application is not a commitment to fund that application.
- Consultants are encouraged to apply as soon as they see this advert. Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation to make presentation.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply. We offer a highly competitive renumeration.
- We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V