United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), helps developing countries attract and use aid effectively. In all our activities, we encourage the protection of human rights, capacity development and the empowerment of women.
We invite applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Associate, Sectors and International Relations
Job ID: 27389
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Posting Type: External
Practice Area: Job Family
Vacancy Type: Service Contract (SC)
Poverty Reduction: International Relations
Contract Duration: Initial duration of one year
- The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) were adopted in September 2015 in New York, as the successor to the unfinished business of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). In order to fast tract, it implementation in Nigeria, a technical collaboration between the Office of the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Sustainable Development Goals (OSSAP-SDGs) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has been developed.
- The technical collaboration is aimed coordinating the partnerships for SDGs implementation between MDAs at the National level, between the national and sub-national governments as well as between the government and the private sector. The approach builds on the work already done by both institutions during the implementation of the MDGs.
- This recruitment will help bring the requisite capacity to ensure that the 17SDGs are aligned to the medium-term plans at both national and sub-national levels especially at the sector levels and its implementation are also consistent with the implementation of the domestic development plans.
- Given the national and State level peculiarities, the recruited Staff member will help facilitate the localization of the SDGs at the tiers of government and its subsequent mainstreaming into the plans in addition to the specific duties and responsibilities states in section III below.
- The overriding purpose is therefore to strengthen the technical leadership for SDGs implementation and coordination at both the State and federal levels through the office of SSAP- SDGs in Abuja, Nigeria
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary School, Education.
- First Degree in Social Sciences, Humanities, Development and Law will be an added advantage.
- Six years’ experience in Development Work
- Knowledge of SDGs issues at both national and sub-national government
- Demonstrated working experience with government institutions in Nigeria
- Good written and oral communication skills in English
- Knowledge of at least on Nigerian language
- Computer literacy skills
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the SSAP-SDGs Social Media handles to improve visibility nationally and internationally
- Works with the Head of Sectors to coordinate the SDGs line MDAs initiatives
- Ensures all the 17 SDGs have Desk Officers in OSSAP-SDGs and monitors their output
- Works with the Head of Sectors to ensure Task Team meetings hold regularly
- Develop in collaboration with the Head of Sectors a Sectors Coordination Compact
- Ensures the Consistent use of the MDAs Reporting Template
- Works with the MDAs to mobilize resources, financial and human to support sectoral SDGs implementation
- Serves as Public Relations Officer of OSSAP-SDGs and Coordinates Media Engagement of the SSAP-SDGs national and international visibility
- Work with the Communication Unit and other Stakeholders to develop and implement OSSAP-SDGs Communication Strategy
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to persuade others to follow
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done
Deadline: 8th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online