Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited (SCANL) is a leading management consulting firm focused on the agricultural and nutrition sectors in Africa. We partner with government agencies, private sector companies and leading international development organizations to conduct research, analyze policies, develop strategies and implement programs that promote sustainable food security and improved nutrition. We have worked on a variety of projects across West Africa.
Sahel is currently recruiting for a program focused on developing the local Nigerian dairy sector.
We are recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: ICT Specialist
About the Program
- Sahel, in collaboration with other partners, seeks to catalyze the local dairy sector in Nigeria in an inclusive way through a program that will improve the livelihoods, productivity, nutrition, and empowerment of smallholder female dairy farmers and the communities in which they live. The program will span 5 years and will:
- Advocate for an enabling environment for local sourcing through engagements with the government and relevant private sector stakeholders.
- Increase demand for locally sourced milk through partnerships with dairy processors currently or interested in sourcing locally.
- Improve smallholder dairy farmers’ productivity by increasing their access to technical support services and appropriate inputs.
- Empower women dairy farmers and enable them to improve their livelihoods and that of their households.
- Improve nutrition outcomes among smallholder dairy households through innovations in food systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage network system
- Recommend, purchase, install and troubleshoot software.
- Create training modules / presentations / user guides for staff and train on ICT related topics
- Provide technical support to Staff as the need arises
- Create and manage content (images, video and written).
- Conduct online advocacy
- Develop and expand community and/ or blogger outreach efforts
- Design (i.e. website, social media, newsletter, brochures, books, communication materials etc.)
- Design templates for consulting reports and presentations
- Design, create and manage promotions and campaigns
- Organize social media events for the company on key issues related to agriculture and nutrition
- Drive efforts to build the brand and create broad-based awareness in the public domain
- Monitor online ratings and respond accordingly.
- Monitor trends in Social Media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Identify threats and opportunities in user generated content surrounding the business. Report notable threats to appropriate management.
- Monitor effective benchmarks (best practices) for measuring the impact of Social Media campaigns. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Set-up new devices and ensure each laptop/ desktop is connected to printers, scanners, photocopying machine, servers and other network resources that are required for the effectiveness and efficiency of the company.
- Periodically carry out routine checks on company devices (software and hardware) to ensure they function smoothly and are up to date.
- Make timely requests for device/ software shortage
- Maintain logs or records of fixtures, payments, renewals, maintenance, upgrades etc.
- Ensure remote staff are advised and their ICT needs are met
- Ensure system optimization of the entire staff
- Develop ICT strategies, policies and procedures
- Protect the company’s data from unauthorized parties (external/ internal)
- Any other responsibility assigned by management.
Minimum Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s or higher Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information & Communications Technology or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years proven experience in the ICT field/ Graphics Designing/ IT
- Good knowledge and application skills in online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels.
- Excellent IT, presentation, management, consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
- Training/ experience and certification in Oracle, Microsoft, CompTIa A+, Cisco, other communication systems, internet, data encryption, networks, intranet developments are added advantages.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Adequate knowledge of web design, web development, Conversion Rate Optimisation and Search Engine Optimisation is an added advantage
- Experience in dealing with hackers is an added advantage
- Positive attitude, good team player, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organisational ability.
- Highly flexible and ability to set priorities
- Fluency in English.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Word-formatted single document consisting of Cover Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline Open till Filled.