Gatatransport Limited is a fast-growing Digital Transport and Investment Company with the most diversified product line. We provide the best alternative to commuting and logistics through a strong network of high technology solution that makes transportation accessible and affordable.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Manager
- We are looking to hire a full time Logistics Manager to organise and maintain safe and efficient delivery and dispatch operations.
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring storage and distribution of goods, and to ensure that orders are fulfilled (carried out) correctly.
- The goal of the Logistics Manager is to spot problems and eliminate inefficient processes in the chain and provide daily/ weekly/ monthly report to the business as regards the status of all vehicles under management with the aid of in-house technology.
- Take decisions on matters relating to the day to day operations within their defined work area including the strategic planning of resources.
- Assist in the recruitment of quality drivers into the fleet.
- Develop efficient rider schedules to maximize profits.
- Manage riders so they adhere to strict schedules.
- Monitor riders’ behaviour and ensuring a high level of customer service.
- Register and licensing all vehicles under management.
- Maintain detailed records of vehicle servicing and inspection.
- Schedule regular vehicle maintenance to ensure operational efficiency.
- Ensure strict servicing and maintenance times to minimize downtime and maintain schedules.
- Develop strategies for greater fuel efficiency.
- Find ways to cut costs and maximize profits.
- Analyse data to increase business operational efficiency, coordinating drivers, vehicles, loads and journeys.
- Analyse logistical problems and planning transportation routes for vehicles carrying goods.
- Operate IT systems to manage timings, costs and stock levels.
- Analyse data to assess performance, discover logistical problems and devise plans for improvements.
- Negotiate and agreeing contracts.
- Plan for and negotiating technical difficulties.
- Prepare paperwork for regulatory bodies.
- Liaise with and managing staff and shifts.
- Minimum of a B.Sc in Transport and Logistics Management or Social Sciences
- Minimum of 2 years experience (Post NYSC) in significant role in the transportation industry.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong Numerical and Analytical mindset
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Performance focus and strong sense of urgency
- Quantitative ability.
- Candidate MUST be based in Lagos preferably on the Island.
Deadline: 18th December, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online