The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is recruiting to fill the position of: Cassava Phenotyping Scientist. The position is located in Ibadan, Oyo State. Interested candidates should possess a PhD in Plant Physiology, Agronomy, remote sensing or other relevant fields from a highlThe International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Snack Bar Supervisor
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Oversee all Snack Bar & Cappa Bar operations
- Assist management in revenue generation
- Liaise with the Head Chef to maintain quality control for all food served
- Conduct daily, weekly, monthly stock take of beverages and report accordingly
- Analyze staff evaluations and feedback to improve the customer’s experience
- Project future needs for goods, kitchen supplies, cleaning products and order accordingly with the Stores
- Supervise and be accountable for beverage service during events
- Perform additional related duties as requested by the HOSTRAS management.
- Oversee health code compliance and sanitation standards
- Seek ways to cut waste and decrease operational costs
- Generate weekly, monthly, and annual reports for the Resident Manager
- Train new employees and provide ongoing training for all staff
- Assign duties to staff and coordinate the weekly roster
- Ensure customer satisfaction through promoting excellent service, respond to customer complaints tactfully and professionally
- B.Sc/HND in Hospitality and Management, Hotel and Catering or related fields with minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing related roles in a well-structured hospitality management environment.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have ability to use restaurant management software,
- Have good working knowledge of food and beverage services.
- Have very pleasant personality and strong leadership skills
- Be a good team player and honest
- Have good communication skills.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Deadline: 10th December, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.