MKOBO is a fully licensed Microfinance bank by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in Lagos, Nigeria. MKOBO was conceived to help solve consumers’ need for access to short-term emergency credit. Our goal is to provide access to short term unsecured loans, which is easily accessible. We cater to the demography currently undeserved by the Commercial banks in our aim to help increase financial inclusion of the Nigerian population.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Backend Developer
- It is the perfect opportunity for someone who is experienced and passionate about scalable systems, clean code and is looking for a great fulltime role. While we currently build our systems in Ruby on Rails, it is not a core requirement.
- We believe the language is merely a tool in solving the problem, and we’re open to Engineers with experience of other stacks like Laravel, Django, Express, with the flexibility to learn any language to solve any problem.
- As a Backend Engineer you will be working alongside the product teams to build scalable APIs.
- DevOps: improve automation of the software development process.
- Identify performance issues and bugs, and provide solutions to these problems.
- Design, build, and maintain scalable Backend systems.
- Pair-program with other developers or discuss possible technical architectures
- Contribute to creating a culture of writing excellent software
- Work with other team members to ensure we are building the right product
- Participate in code reviews
What we are looking for:
- Understanding of Code versioning tools like Git
- Understanding of Unit and Integration testing.
- Understanding of DevOps processes like CI/CD
- Superb organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision
- University degree in Informational Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related subject
- Advanced experience with backend frameworks such as Ruby on Rails [preferably] or similar like Django, Laravel, Express etc
- Mid to senior level backend engineering experience
- At least 2 yeas commercial experience
- Excellent knowledge of Scalable architectures.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL (MySQL/PostgreSQL)
- Experience with NoSQL (MongoDB/CouchDB/ElasticSearch)
What We Offer
- Autonomy, we don’t micromanage our teams
- Challenging environment – you will be working on complex projects
- A friendly, open-minded and collaborative team working closely with the CTO
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 7th February, 2020