The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) is the world’s largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Unit Communications Manager
Ref Id: R-37435
Job Type: Full time
Job Description Summary
- The Coca-Cola West Africa Business Unit (WABU) oversees the Coca-Cola System operations in 33 countries across West and Central Africa and the Indian Ocean islands and is focused on driving a high-performance culture to enable sustainable business growth. We are inspired by The Coca-Cola Company purpose: refresh the world, make a difference; and we aspire to advance the Coca-Cola global vision of a total beverage company, crafting the brands and choice of drinks people love, in ways that create a more sustainable business and a better shared future for everyone we touch.
- The Coca-Cola West Africa Business Unit Communications Manager will be responsible for developing and supporting the implementation of internal and external communication strategies to inform, engage and inspire our employees and drive our growth culture as well as to grow the reputations of our Company and Brands and build strong affinity for the Coca-Cola System with a wide spectrum of stakeholders at regional and national levels.
- The role will provide critical support in managing the fast-evolving public policy and regulatory landscapes in our region. Working within the framework of the Company’s Communications Policy, the Communications Manager will engage constantly with a wide spectrum of internal and external stakeholders including the Business Unit Leadership and associates, Coca-Cola bottling partners, regional and international media, key influencers, government and regulatory bodies and consumers and the general public to effectively understand their expectations and communicate the Coca-Cola growth and impact story.
- The incumbent therefore must be familiar with the regional stakeholder and media landscapes be able to provide strategic and credible communication counsel; possess and apply multi-media and stakeholder communication skills; possess the ability to lead and influence a diverse team of communication professionals within the Coca-Cola bottling system as well as manage projects to deliver on time and budget.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Internal Communication: Lead the development and implementation of internal communications strategies across the Business Unit to inform, engage and inspire associates and drive our growth culture.
- Sustainability Communications: Lead the development and execution of strategies to optimize impact communication of our sustainability and community programs, in liaison with the BU Sustainability Manager, The Coca-Cola Foundation as well as our bottling and programme partners.
- Leadership Communications: Provide advice and implement approved strategies for internal Leadership communication and engagements as well as building external thought leadership and influence on relevant issues.
- Issues Management and Crisis Communications: Provide crisis communications expertise to effectively support the BU Incident Management and Crisis Resolution (IMCR) process.
- Budget Management: Manage the Function’s DME and OPEX budgets, providing monthly analysis and flag risks and opportunities to the BU PAC Director to guide spend decisions.
Related Experience Requirements/ Qualifications
- Proficiency in French Language
- Strategic Communications
- Project & Budget Management
- Issues & Crisis Management
- Media Relations
- Social/Digital Media
- Strong public speaking and influencing skills
- Creative and Specialized Writing Skills
- Multimedia/graphic design tools
Generic Competencies: Refer to Competency Directory and Provide between 3 – 7 of the highest priority competencies
- Delivers Results: Focuses on the critical few objectives that add the most value and channels own and others’ energy to consistently deliver results that meet or exceed expectations.
- Imports and Exports Good Ideas: Relentlessly seeks, shares and adopts ideas and best practices in and outside the Company and embraces change introduced by others.
- Develops and Inspires Others: Builds and maintains relationships that motivate, guide, and/or reinforce the performance of others toward goal accomplishments. Develops self and others to improve performance in current role and to prepare for future roles; seeks and provides feedback and coaching to enhance performance.
- Gives Innovative Business Improvements: Develops new insights into solutions that result in organizational improvements; promotes a work environment that fosters creative thinking, innovation and rational risk-taking.
- Balances Immediate and Long-Term Priorities: Seeks to meet critical objectives while considering the impact of those decisions and activities on the ability to achieve long-term goals.
- At least 7 years’ experience in Communications or Public Relations functions.
Education Required :
- Min. University / Bachelor’s degree, Max. University/Advanced degree
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 15th January, 2020.