Sunmei International, a hotel chain franchise group, originated in China in 2010 and started its business operation in Africa in 2018 has the goal of becoming the largest hotel management group in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Purchasing Manager
- Implement sound purchasing policies, systems and procedures in accordance with Company standards.
- Monitor vendors for quality, service and price through standard purchasing specifications.
- Obtain competitive quotations for hotel requirements and ensure that the best product is sourced and purchased.
- Calls for quotations for any items costing more than a certain amount (As per company policy) and inquire into prices from various suppliers.
- Establish contracts to ensure reduced pricing for all operating areas of the hotel.
- Receives market on a daily basis and arranges for delivery of those items daily.
- Ensures that all orders receiving dates are updated according to the suppliers promised delivery dates.
- Ensures that all authorized or approved purchase orders are sent to their respective suppliers / vendors for delivery purposes on a daily basis.
- Ensures & verifies that quotations are regularly updated and supplier’s new current price lists are maintained.
- Ensure the efficient operation of the Purchasing Department in all aspects.
- Research and identify new products and services for the hotel in the market.
- Obtains written approval for established Minimum / Maximum stock levels by the financial controller and general manager.
- Checks, explain if needed and approves delivered items discrepancy report issued by cost control regarding price and quantity order variances.
- Approves all additional requests for new storeroom items, checking correct item description, unit, packing, category and establishes Min/Max estimated stock levels.
- Verify the ‘pending orders’ report on a daily basis, and all pending orders are checked and verified regularly.
- On a daily basis prepare the list of to be cancelled orders and sent to accounts for deletion, with appropriate reasons.
- Ensures validity of items available, force issue obsolete items and follows up on action taken for disposal.
- Verifies that all documentation and proper quotations are maintained and filed according to Policy and Procedure requirements.
- Approves all storeroom re-order requests, verifying quantities within the established Min / Max stock levels.
- Responsible for all administrative functions of the Materials Department, staffing, training and execution of other related duties.
- Responsible for all purchasing functions, quotations, quality and availability.
- Responsible for physical control of all store items until issued, fully documented under strict control procedures (key control, timing schedule, authorized issue requests).
- Responsible for maintaining logical storeroom inventory levels operationally needed.
- Keeps all records in a way that they can be checked at any time for information or audit purposes.
- Maintains all documents, files and listings up-to-date and performs his duties in the most efficient manner.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
- Graduate or diploma in Business Studies or MBA or purchasing and supply. With good knowledge of MS office suite and Materials management software (MMS)
- Previous Min 4 years experience as Asst. Purchase manager 4 years with expertise in the Hotel and Catering industry.
- Ability to Work Under Pressure Result Oriented High Executive Power Very passionate about working as Purchasing Manager
- Strong negotiating and closing skills required, along with a demonstrated ability to develop negotiation strategies for complex activities.
- Ability to evaluate legal and business risks and ramifications of proposed contractual terms. Consistently offer professional, engaging and friendly service.
Job Title: Architectural Designer (Hospitality)
- Implement the use of 3d printers for modelling, 3d fabrication, and rapid prototyping.
- Work with multiple construction types and occupancies from custom clubhouses to multi-use building.
- Design and assist in leading a team in the development of new and ongoing projects from planning through construction.
- Produce Hand-draft and with CAD, detailed and finalized construction documents.
- Maintain relationship with Property Owners.
- Collect site information/measurements and researched interior finishes.
- Produce full-color renderings to illustrate projects.
- Draft plans for zoning review using AutoCAD.
- Monitor progress of projects and updated digital plans as necessary.
- Produce schematic drawings.
- Supervise project construction.
- Participate in Property Owners meetings
- Survey site measurements and specifications.
- Knowledge of CAD
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- 5 years experience in Architectural Designing in hospitality industry will be added advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English language.
- Friendly and patient conduct
- Bachelor’s Degree in Structural Engineering or Architecture from a reputable University.
Job Title: Training Manager (Hospitality)
- Identify training needs through interaction with staff and managers
- Be a reference point when a training is needed at locations.
- Design content and exercises for training programs in different modalities
- Create or advice on how to create engaging and interactive content
- Schedule and coordinate training sessions, including participant travels and approvals
- Select and book venues and coordinate reproduction of training materials, logistics and meals.
- Deliver seminars, workshops, individual training sessions, e-learning sessions and other types of learning experiences
- Keep attendance and other required records of the training sessions delivered
- Help manage the training budget
- Conduct evaluations of delivered trainings to identify areas of improvement
- Monitor employee performance and response to training needs
- Participate in learning activities to keep updated on training contents and methodologies
- Coordinate the training agenda before a new pre-opening.
- Coordinate pre-opening training dates and logistics with the pre-opening and development Departments on
- Deliver all required contents for Operations, Client Managements, Marketing, Kitchen, Housekeeping, F and B for pre-opening training at new locations
- Foster and encourage team work and bonding among location team members.
- Review training evaluations and support staff for continual improvement.
- 5 years experience in designing and delivering training.
- Experience with using different training methodologies and tools.
- Effective communication, presentation and public speaking skills.
- Ability to navigate among diverse tasks.
- Ability to manage time and responsibilities.
- Customer Service.
- Proper record management.
- Creativity with Focus on solutions.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of English Language (written and oral).
Job Title: Hotel Operations Manager
- Operation Manger should have an excellent level of commercial awareness, who can build and maintain relationships with internal and external guests. Also responsible for highlighting short/medium/long-term issues to the General Manger / Cluster General Manager and to help formulate solutions.
- The Operations Manager is also required to assist in the preparation of the annual budgeting and monthly forecasting processes.
- Fully responsible for all aspects of all departments.
- Support and work with all Head of Departments in all aspects of running this hotel.
- Ensure the premises are in operative condition as per category of the unit to receive & serve the guests.
- Conduct regular operations team meeting with all the HOD daily / weekly to discuss routine operational matters, sales targets, GSTS feedback / RSTS feedbacks and action taken for service recovery, and also any staff issues. Minutes of the meeting to be sent to GM/RGM.
- Ensure SOP implementation in all departments and check the same during routine operational checks. Consultant /GRM guidance to be taken wherever required.
- Monitor the purchase / indent / re-questions of each department, the accounts receivable (collection from debtors) and the accounts payable (payable to the vendors / suppliers etc).
- Randomly inspecting the stores (F & B / Kitchen) to check the stock in hand (quality, par stock levels, expiry etc) with the F & B Manager & Chef.
- Dealing with Suppliers / Vendors for quality products involving Purchase Manager and providing performance assessment of vendors every quarter to HO Purchase.
- Inspecting all departments for SOP implementation.
- Inspecting all department with their respective Manager’s for cleanliness, ambience, service readiness, staff grooming & hospitality culture.
- Monitor the co-ordination between all departments for smooth & efficient operations.
- Assessing and reviewing customer satisfaction and service recovery process.
- Meet all dept. heads to review & train the staff to upkeep the human capital.
- Identifying staff learning needs and assisting with development
- Providing timely and constructive feedback to all direct reports as and when required either formally or informally.
- Conduct weekly / Daily meeting with marketing people for enquiry & follow up & conversion to grow up the business.
- Monitor and maintain operation & overhead cost in order to maintain maximum revenue to the organisation.
- Be on available on call 24 hours a day to resolve any urgent problems on emergencies.
- Responsible for the overall management of the operation of the hotel.
- Any other duties assigned
- A university degree from a reputable University in Hospitality or Real Estate Management.
- Computer Literate, MS office. Experience in Property Management Software’s, Revenue Management Systems desired.
- 4 years’ work experience in a 3 to 5 Star Hotel as a General Manager, Operations Manager or Hotel Manager.
Job Title: Chinese English Translator
- Arrange and schedule meetings and conference calls for the president and internal or external parties.
- Perform consecutive interpretation between Chinese and English during business meetings, accurately reflect all information exchanged. Summarize meeting notes in both languages afterward.
- Attending events or informal meetings with the president and perform whisper simultaneous interpretation that reflects the general idea and key points to keep the casual conversation going
- Translate and summarizing highlights for weekly and monthly reports from several departments to review and give feedback on, including program status, budget, performance report, etc.
- Translate confidential documents for the accurately including contracts, financial reports, etc.
- 2 years of translation and interpretation experience
- Demonstrable evidence in Chinese English, translation or interpretation
- Certification or credential on translation or interpretation preferred
- Bilingual in Chinese and English is required.
Remuneration / Benefit
Highly Competitive Compensation and Benefit Package, Opportunity for Growth and Personal Development.
Application Deadline 20th January 2020.