The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Supervisor
Location: Askira-Uba (Borno State), Nigeria,
Line Manager: Medref & Data Manager
Contract term: Contract under Nigerian law, 4 months’ renewable.
Job Summary / Background
- The Database Supervisor will work with the Project Coordinator, Project Medical Referent and Data Manager at the Field level to provide strategic guidance to Monitoring and Evaluation for Project field Medical data.
- S/he will support M&E activities across all sectors including periodic assessments / surveys and routine gathering of project implementation information collection and gathering;
- S/he will implement efficient systems for accountability to beneficiaries, donors and other stakeholders;
- S/he will collate and archive project database; and foster cross-learning within the project.
- S/he will work with the Nurse Supervisors, Nurse Activity Manager in compiling the weekly Medical data for corrections and adjustment.
- S/he visit the health facilities for any verification of suspected error reported in the Medical database.
- Weekly update of Medical database and informing the Medical Team on any outbreak if any.
- Accomplishes platform upgrades and improvements by supervising system programming.
- Secures database by developing policies, procedures, and controls.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Monthly update of Medical database and proper communication with the medical Team at the coordination level for quick response.
- Keeps senior technical management informed by preparing reports (monthly situation report) on Improving medical performance and problems.
- Maintains database performance by troubleshooting problems.
Background, Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Information Sciences or relevant field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a Data Management role on a development or humanitarian project
- Demonstrated experience in planning and delivering effective trainings.
- Knowledge of ALIMA standards and policies.
- Prior experience in a similar position in the Northeast Region of Nigeria.
- Ability to work to meet deadlines in multiple tasking environments
- Excellent organization, planning and analytical skills; detail oriented
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated strength in relationship management, with minimum supervision
- Strong team player with the ability to take initiative and work well independently.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills in English.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Knowledge of Hausa is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference “Data-Supervisor – Askira-Uba” in the subject line
Application Deadline 31st January, 2020.