Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer’s needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Officer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Department: Human Resources
Job Summary & Purpose
- To provide effective and efficient recruitment process to ensure that the best manpower is recruited in line with existing company procedure and assist with the administration of the day to day operations of the human resources functions.
- Reports to: Manager Human Resources
- Internal Relationships: All staff
- Adhere to the recruitment procedures & policy from the stage of receiving the approved job requisitions, the search for the right candidates who match the job description required up to the stage of job joining.
- Ensure a proper screening and short listing of applicants.
- Ensures the timely preparation of letter of appointment, Job offer & contract for new hires.
- Processing of company Identity card for staff.
- Handling all correspondence /memo.
- Assists in managing the medical check processes.
- Processing of funds for staff welfare.
- Assist in other clerical activities.
- Registers outgoing mails.
- Keeping record of KPI on employments request and Job description received.
- Managing the HR data for SAP HCM Implementation.
- Managing the HR online Help Desk.
- Generate job descriptions for new positions /existing positions.
- Manage vacancy announcements.
- Coordinate and arranged interviews for shortlisted candidates.
- Invites successful candidates for medical checks.
- Keeps records of employment request received.
- Address employee relations issues.
- Manage employees’ appointment confirmation process.
- Manage staff disengagement process.
- Provides information to staff on human resources and work related issues.
- Manage employee records.
- Academic Qualification: Minimum of a good first degree in Humanities or Social Sciences
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years work experience in similar role.
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Should have excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Target oriented and focused.
- Knowledge of Laws on employment.
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment, balanced between strategic and operational focus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and with pleasant and outgoing personality.
- Computer literacy.
- Must be able to meet strict tight deadlines on a regular basis.
- Ability to be proactive is a must.
- Ability to obtain and analyze facts and precedents in making administrative decisions.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their tailored CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Any application received after the above time will be automatically rejected
Application Deadline 3pm; 13th February, 2020.