Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer’s needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Business Partner
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Department: Human Resources and Office Services
Job Summary & Purpose
- This role ensures effectiveness in managing, developing, motivating and retaining staff at the various subsidiaries of the Group.
- HR Officers in the SBUs
- Internal Relationships: All staff.
- Reports to: Group Head, Human Resource & Office Services
- Direct Reports: Deputy HRBP
- Vendors and Service Providers
- Labour Unions
- External Auditors.
- Health care providers / HMOs
- Embed a performance management culture within the business unit as a means of business improvement by ensuring clear objectives, feedback and the improvement of deliverables through behaviours aligned with company values.
- Oversee the management and timely resolution of employee related disciplinary and grievance issues at the SBUs.
- Ensure optimal utilization of the HR budget at the SBUs.
- Manage human resource information management systems at the SBUs
- Obtain and review feedback from staff to aid/improve HR service levels and provide alerts on HR issues that may impact on other areas of operations
- Make report on the performance of the HR function at the SBUs.
- Act to ensure the achievement of HR strategy and objectives at the subsidiary level.
- Lead and direct the HR team in the SBU to deliver appropriate and efficient customer focused service across the HR value chain.
- In conjunction with the Group Head, HR & Office Services, act to ensure all company policies and procedures are up to date in line with regulatory requirements.
- Identify gaps in existing HR policies compared to business needs and contribute to the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures at the SBUs to ensure compliance.
- Develop effective working relationships with senior management team to ensure the delivery of HR plans to support the achievement of business areas and HR strategies.
- Professional Qualification: Relevant professional qualification e.g. CIPM, SHRM
- Experience: 8 years work experience in HR Management with at least 3 years in a supervisory role
- Academic Qualification: Minimum of a First Degree in Social Science, Industrial Relations / Business Administration / related field.
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Well-developed collaboration and communication skills. .
- Good negotiation skills.
- Good Interpersonal and people management skills.
- Excellent leadership and team building skills.
- Intuitiveness and attention to detail
- Good knowledge of best practice in HR policies and procedures.
- Good knowledge of HR systems.
- Proficiency in the use of relevant computer applications for reporting.
- Ability to work within tight schedules and timelines.
- Strong project and change management skills.
Key Performance Metric
- Staff Recruitment and Placement
- Training and Performance Management
- Information management
- HR Strategy and planning
- Organisational design
- Organisational culture
- Staff attrition rate.
- Relevance of training programmes to development needs of staff.
- Quality of work outputs/deliverables from trained staff.
- Effectiveness in monitoring staff performance.
- Accuracy and completeness of staff information.
- Ease of tracking & retrieving up to date staff information.
- Level of Coaching, Mentoring and training of departmental staff.
- Respect for individuals.
- Achievement of set/agreed objectives.
- Alignment of HR strategy with Group’s business strategy and objectives.
- Quality of recommendations to management on HR-related issues.
- Accuracy and timely preparation of HR budget.
- Adequacy of organisational structure to meet business needs.
- Culture awareness level among staff.
- Number of disciplinary cases for non-compliance with company culture.
- Feedback from internal and external surveys.
- Adequacy and timeliness of manpower planning.
- Quality of recruits.
- Performance of newly recruited staff.
- Very Attractive.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Any application received after this will be automatically rejected.
Application Deadline 13th February, 2020.