Ernst & Young (EY) is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Audit Senior
Ref No: NIG0003I
- Lead and manage fieldwork on clients’ sites including liaising with other departments to ensure the smooth delivery of the Audit process.
- Effectively manage the Audit process with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with audit client personnel, assess audit clients’ satisfaction and proactively maintain contact with the audit client throughout the year.
- Identify areas requiring improvement in the clients’ business processes and possible recommendations and prepare and deliver Management Letter to be provided to the client.
- Apply business development skills to identify and communicate additional business opportunities for the firm.
- Actively seek and encourage team members to contribute ideas and identify opportunities to apply the firm’s services.
- Conduct performance reviews and provide performance feedback to assurance staff under the purview of this role.
- Coach other less experienced staff through sharing experience and knowledge appropriately.
- Provide on-the-job training for developing auditing skills and familiarity with the firm’s audit methodology.
- Apply a thorough understanding of complex accounting and auditing concepts to client situations.
- Provide updates on status of audit engagements.
- Delegate audit tasks to team members as appropriate, provide guidance and monitor performance.
- Manage and contribute to internal engagements.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- Must possess a 2.1 in the first degree
- Must be ICAN or ACCA qualified
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant Audit experience in the following sectors – Oil and Gas, Financial Services, and Consumer markets
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Expertise in primary accounting frameworks, E.g. IFRS and related financial reporting matters.
- Proven track record with developing and maintaining client relationships.
- Ability to influence, change and shape the direction of audit activities.
- Proficient in the use of technology to learn, share knowledge and enhance service delivery.
- Ability to foster an efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Leadership skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply