The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Maiduguri Delegation, is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICT Specialist II
Job ID: ABJ202000115
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Under the supervision of the ICT Engineer and the ICT Coordinator, the ICT Specialist II Offers support and maintains proper functionality of ICT set-up and infrastructure;
- Interrelates with all the internal and external interlocutors including service providers;
- Offers support to users in Maiduguri and from other sites (sub-delegations, offices);
- Have a good knowledge on all of the following ICT domains: PC hardware and software, networking, telephony, radios, satellite systems, and helpdesk.
- Installs, programs, adapts and maintains all professional ICRC Informatics equipment (computers, servers, printers, peripherals, internal networks, power systems, cabling, modem, connexons and internet facilities) respecting internal standards and procedures.
- Provides support to other field ICT technicians by answering phone calls or messages, reacting according to ICT policies and priorities.
- Repairs or organizes repairs of all broken ICRC Informatics, Telecom or Telephone equipment received in (or transferred to) the ICT Workshop and attributed to him for repair.
- Maintains the workshop clean in order and secured.
- Assist in monitoring, operation and performance of LAN/WAN connectivity and communication services
- Assists users in software installation from ICT store and ensures proper software distribution, updates, and scripts installation
- Installs, programs, adapts and maintains all professional ICRC Telecom/Radio equipment (HF, VHF, UHF, modems, antennas, cabling, power systems, inverters, batteries and repeaters) respecting internal standards and procedures.
- Timely response to helpdesk Level 1 and level 2 requests from the ICT ServiceDesk platform, and providing remote assistance to users with ICT problems if need it, and update the tickets in the system accordingly
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent higher education degree in ICT domain (Electronics, Telecommunications, Computer science or similar field). Post Graduate or Master’s Degree is an asset.
- 4-5 years of experience in IT, electronics or similar position
- 2 years’ Experience on Telcom (VHF, HF, VSAT, Radio)
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Capacity to integrate and implement ICRC policies and procedures
- Skilled in the following competencies: Adapting & Learning; Planning, Organization & Assessment; Communication (Ability to express views and ideas); Analysis & Synthesis
- Strong understanding of telecom especially VHF, HF and satellite.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org clearly indicate “ABJ202000115 ICT Specialist II MIU” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated).
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Equal opportunities shall be provided to all employees and applicants for employment based on their demonstrated ability
- and competence without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, sex, nationality, status, disability etc.
- (Female candidates are encouraged to apply)
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process
Application Deadline 30th January, 2020.