KPMG is a global network of independent professional services firm with deep expertise in the provision of audit, tax and advisory services to clients in various industries and sectors of the economy. The Firm is well represented in Nigeria and across the African continent, with the objective of providing exceptional and quality services to multinational, regional and local clients and to enhance the product offerings in certain previously under-serviced markets.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lawyer, Quality and Risk Management
Ref Id: 149369BR
Service Line: Legal Council
Job Level: Senior Associate/ Senior Team member
Contract Type: Contractor
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assistance with the review the Firm’s prohibited investments list and monitor compliance in line with the Risk Management policy.
- Assist in conducting Risk Management and Independence Compliance reviews.
- Manage and administer the Risk Management databases and microweb.
- Deploy and monitor web-based training programs for the Firm.
- Conduct research from appropriate sources/references in resolving risk management related queries.
- Attend to queries from engagement teams on Q&RM issues.
- Manage the various Q&RM functional email boxes.
- Any other Quality & Risk Management functions as may be assigned.
- Assistance with the establishment of effective and efficient compliance framework, policies and procedures.
- Negotiate, draft and review contracts / agreements / documents to ensure that the firm is properly protected and ensure compliance with the Firm’s standard business terms and conditions.
- Attendance at legal proceedings and providing regular court update on status of outstanding court matters.
- Representing the firm at meetings, taking minutes and proffering legal opinions.
- Liaise with the firm’s external lawyers, insurance brokers and regulators
- Ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory filing, licensing and registrations
- Anticipate and counsel on adverse regulatory or litigation trends, including collaborating with key stakeholders
- 6 – 10 years “Post-NYSC” working experience
- Candidates must have 5 credits at O’ Levels in one sitting, including Mathematics and English
- of Law degree from a reputable university with a minimum of second class upper (2:1) division.
- Certificate of Call to the Nigerian Bar with a minimum of second class upper (2:1) division.
Competency and Skills Requirements:
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Good leadership and teaming skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Good appreciation and working knowledge of office Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Good professional appearance and attitude.
- Knowledge of local and global Auditor’s Independence Rules such as SEC, IFAC Code of Ethics for Accountants and ICAN Regulations, will be an added advantage.
- Ability to think strategically, provide creative solutions and appreciate the systemic impact of various policies, issues and solutions.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and people management skills.
- Excellent problem analysis and solving skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply