Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, program management, construction management, and technical services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
One of the group of companies under Tetra Tech is delivering the DFID-funded United Kingdom Nigeria Infrastructure Advisory Facility (UKNIAF) infrastructure improvement works. The programme’s duration is contracted for an initial 48 months with a possible 24-month extension.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager- North East Component
- Based in Abuja, this position works within the project teams, reporting to the Programme director.
- This position will manage the planning and scale-up of the implementation of the North East component to ensure delivery of the project’s goals across the North-East region
- Manage the planning and scale-up of the implementation of the North East Component’s workplan
- Mobilise the North East component’s technical team through management of the delivery consortium
- Manage resource delivery for the component to ensure it is on time and on budget
- Support WYG’s corporate management in programme delivery as required
- Support corporate compliance efforts for WYG
- Support commercial and financial functions for WYG
- Support the financial, contract management and operational framework of the UKNIAF programme
- Provide financial and operations reports demonstrating the programme’s value for money
- Other related duties as assigned.
Requirements, Education and Experience
- Experience working in the North East in Nigeria an added benefit
- Demonstrated experience using initiative, client-orientation, risk taking, and working in complex/conflict and time-pressured contexts
- Willingness to travel frequently to the North East
- Experience with the use of a variety of computer applications including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field from a top tier university
- At least 5 years of relevant project management experience in development, consulting or a relevant field
- Experience working with and understanding of DFID processes especially around contracting and programme implementation
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of implementing VFM approaches and forecasting of budget requirements for the project.
- Ability to operate office equipment, personal computers, etc
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and in Hausa;
- Ability to work under pressure and willingness to work outside of normal work hours, when necessary.
- Knowledge of the political and project driven landscape of Northern Nigeria;
- Knowledge of contracting and procurement processes
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Package to: firstname.lastname@example.org Using “Manager-North East Component” in the subject line.
Your application package should include:
- A cover letter detailing how you meet the Education and Experience qualifications;
- Your CV; and
- Contact details for three recent work-related referees
Application Deadline 1700hrs (WAT); 4th February, 2020.
- Only applicants who meet the Education and Experience qualifications will be contacted. If you do not meet these, you need not apply.
- Applications received after this time will not be considered.
- Who Can Apply: Nigerian citizens only.