WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients’ projects and operations, and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Principal Facilities and Project Engineer
- Coordinate and facilitate Operations Readiness Activities and plant start-ups.
- Participate in process activities on a technical front to ensure successful implementation of new facilities.
- Resolve Technical issues with third party partners in line with API and ASME Codes; and ensure designs are in line with the relevant codes.
- Writing and editing of work procedures in line with manufacturers specifications and industry codes for multi-discipline projects
- Manage the processes of the “Defects Liability Period” and the issue of “Statement of Compliance” as appropriate in line with the Contract.
- Review and advise as may be applicable on “claims for payment” and/or “variation claims”, and verify claims by contractors and recommend to OML26 Management as necessary.
- Regularly communicate with OML26 Management and Engineering Team and respond to requests for information.
- Maintain appropriate professional relationships and networks within the industry to ensure JV Partners retains a high level of respect and regard
- Liaise and maintain effective working relationships with relevant authorities that have jurisdiction over projects and ensure project compliance with authority expectations and complete documentation (permits, authorisations etc.) as required.
- Ensure planned engineering progress with respect to the engineering deliverables for Tenders (as required) and awarded Projects, planning & scheduling, preparation of progress reports, manpower & resource forecasts, time schedules of engineers, utilization of resources effectively & efficiently and adequately managed.
- Facilitate Engineering activities of the OML26 AMT Engineering Team and the Services Contractors, so as to safely execute Facilities upgrade and new installations works in accordance with specified standards and specifications.
- Ensure that OML26 HSE and sustainable development policies and standards are addressed in the development of facilities. Manage the execution of on and off-site construction activities, ensuring strict adherence to all Company policies and procedures.
- Coordinate construction activities throughout all phases of project construction and implementation.
- Develop, and acquire approval of, project implementation and contracting strategies, aimed at the completion of the project on schedule and within the allocated budget.
- Develop the detailed project execution plans, ensuring stakeholders involvement and taking into account options, constraints and contingencies with respect to external factors e.g. materials procurement and logistics, manpower availability and third-party interests. Develop the integrated activity plan.
- Manage the execution of site works in line with the approved project schedule and manage relevant community interests so as to avoid undue conflict of interests.
- Manage the development of construction contracts, pre-qualification/selection of bidders, tendering, evaluation and award, and ensure contractor’s HSE plans are in accordance with the OML26 AMT HSE and technical specifications, policies and procedures.
- Expedite and follow up the procurement of materials and equipment in accordance with the approved specifications. Monitor and implement approved quality assurance and control system in order to safeguard technical and operational integrity of the facilities.
- Initiate and participate in audits and reviews, Risk Assessments, Value Engineering, HAZOPs, HAZANs, SAFOPs, etc; and ensure follow-up of recommendations, and document the process.
- Implement a change control system for field and design changes, and ensure appropriate authorisation of all proposed changes.
- Actively participate in the pre- and live commissioning of the facilities, ensuring completeness of the hand-over package (spare parts and documentation) upon hand-over, and follow-up the close out of outstanding punch list items.
- Monitor and coordinate Rotating Equipment maintenance and operations to support production.
- Working knowledge of a broad range of facilities and project engineering systems, tools and practices
- Good communications and writing skills, with excellence influencing skills
- Must have good proficiency with MS Office suite – Excel/Power point/Word; planning tools and progress reporting
- Excellent understanding of the oil and gas industry.
- Relevant experience in the working of Rotating Equipment and Equipment Maintenance.
- Strong technical skills, planning tools and progress reporting.
- Minimum of 12 – 20 years relevant experience in Facilities/Project Engineering in Oil & Gas industry with at least 15 years in project development and execution
- B.Sc./B.Tech. (Petroleum/Chemical/Mechanical)
- A relevant Masters’ Degree will be an added advantage
- Experience in Conceptual studies, front end engineering design and detailed engineering design.
- Experience in field engineering (gas plant revamps, debottlenecking, oil and gas facilities upgrade works), and handled fabrication and installation projects
- Fully conversant with international codes like ASME, API, BS/EN, NACE, ANSI, AWWA D – 100, AWS, etc..
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply