Search for Common Ground (SFCG) is an international non-profit organization that promotes the peaceful resolution of conflict. With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, Search’s mission is to transform how individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict – away from destructive approaches towards cooperative solutions. With more than 600 staff worldwide, Search implements projects in more than 30 countries across the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Office Assistant
Location: Jos, Plateau
- An Office Assistant who will work closely with the Admin and Logistics Coordinator to ensure the cleanliness and effective maintenance of the SFCG Office premises.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Monthly stock recording and ensuring adequate stock supplies around the office as needed
- Sort and deliver office mail
- Identify key administrative and housekeeping challenges and raise the challenge with supervisor
- Purchase of office supplies and diesel for generator
- Ensure that office equipment are kept in good condition
- Assist with procurement and purchases
- Help coordinate package delivery and pick-ups
- Provide logistical support for meetings and conferences on-site and off-site
- Assist with conference room scheduling and maintenance, including setting up of tables and chairs for meetings
- General administrative tasks like filing, scanning, photocopying, faxing and answering phones
- Welcome guest and visitors at the reception
- Keep tab of clock in-and-out book
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Office Administration, English or related field.
- At least one (1) year experience in an Office Assistant/Administrative Assistant position with responsibilities as described above.
- Experience working in an NGO
- Ability to write clearly and help with word processing when necessary.
- Warm personality with strong communication skills.
- Working knowledge of office equipment
- Thorough understanding of office management procedures
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Analytical abilities and aptitude in problem-solving
- Proficiency in google suites, MS Word, spreadsheet, word processing, and electronic mail; Microsoft Office Suite preferred
- Ability to work well under limited supervision.
- Proven experience as a back office assistant, office assistant, virtual assistant or in another relevant administrative role
- Experience with managing the logistical aspects of workshops, training courses or meetings, including assistance with arranging for the travel, lodging, and registration of participants is an advantage.
Other Relevant Requirements:
- Demonstrate integrity and promote SFCG values and ethical standards;
- Promote the vision, mission, and strategic objectives of SFCG;
- Demonstrate capacity to adapt to a multi-cultural context, and tolerance and respect to issues related to gender, religion, race and nationality;
- Expertise in developing concept notes and proposal for different donors;
- Treats all people fairly without favouritism and solves problems in collaborative ways.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Interested candidates should send the following:
- Current resume
- Cover Letter (which includes expectations of compensation and projected start date)
- This position is only open to Nigerian national.
- Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
- Please compile your writing sample and resume into one document as the system only has the functionality to upload two documents per application. Incomplete applications will not be accepted
Application Deadline 6th February, 2020.