PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria – Our client is a movement of engaged citizens who are using their collective voice to end extreme poverty. The organization’s mission is to build a movement of 100M action-taking citizens to help achieve their vision of ending extreme poverty by 2030. Over the next ten years, the organization’s ambition is to grow their movement and expand their presence in key emerging markets on the continent – with Nigeria as a priority
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Manager, Nigeria Policy and Government Affairs
Reference Number: 130-PEO01121
Location: Lagos / Abuja
Roles & Responsibilities
- Be responsible for identifying, shaping and delivering on new financial and policy commitments towards the SDSs in Nigeria from corporate, government, NGO and philanthropic stakeholders.
- Inform the organization’s policy, advocacy and campaign strategy in Nigeria. Ensure campaigns are targeting the correct decision makers, with appropriate asks, in a timely manner.
- Represent organization at external events, meetings, workshops and in the media on key 2020 campaign issues, such as water and sanitation, women and girls, education, food and nutrition.
- Support the coordination of event and festival planning in Lagos (specifically the attendance and commitments being made by the Nigerian Government), working closely with the global and regional GPA team.
- Working closely with the organization’s impact team, record the impact of the organization’s policy, advocacy and campaigns work in Nigeria.
- Report to donors on the impact of the organization’s policy, advocacy and campaigns work in Nigeria.
- Contribute to the management of the organization’s 2020 Policy Advisory Committee.
- Deliver on the organization’s policy, advocacy and campaigns strategy in Nigeria, by building up the number of Citizens taking campaigning actions, (working closely with marketing colleagues), delivering on policy and campaigns activities (such as events, meetings, workshops) and providing commitment makers with opportunities to make public commitments.
- Lead on campaign outreach with multiple parts of the Nigerian government, including the President, Vice President, Ministers and State Governors, with the aim of securing national and sub-national commitments from the Nigerian government to accelerate progress towards the SDGs and the organization’s campaign objectives, including water and sanitation, education and nutrition.
- Play a major role in helping to identify key partners, allies, supporters (grassroots and multinational NGOs etc), customized by state for sub-national campaigns where appropriate. Build support for the organization’s advocacy and campaigning among these advocacy partners in Nigeria, to mobilise the organization in Nigeria and amplify our campaign asks.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- At least 10 years of experience in as an advocate or campaigner on NGO related issues related (for example, education, health, WASH, nutrition etc.) in an NGO, donor or similar organization.
- Deep understanding of international policy making and global financing mechanisms, and how to influence both.
- Sound understanding of community development, popular culture, and online campaigning
- Ability to develop and manage key external relationships, including with senior members of the Nigerian Government.
- Media experience, including conducting press briefings and interviews
- Willingness to go above and beyond
- Commitment to see an end to extreme poverty by 2030
- Legal authority to work in Nigeria and ability to travel as needed across Africa, USA, and Europe.
- Based in Lagos/Abuja
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to frame and draft campaign materials.
- Deep understanding of the Nigerian policy making process and how to influence that process as well as an understanding of the role of the private sector in development in Nigeria to support ending poverty and Citizen priority issue areas.
- Appreciative of new and innovative ways of thinking cross-sectorally and about unique and new partnerships to deliver on the SDGs in Nigeria.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 12th February, 2020.