The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Office Assistant
Job ID: 13-10911
Locations: Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Ebonyi and Oyo
Group / Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept / Unit: PDGGEN – Program Delivery Group
Project / Program: A576 – PMI – S
Reports To: State Finance & Admin Manager
Slots: 4 Openings
PMI-S is a five-year PMI/USAID flagship malaria project implemented through a consortium led by MSH. The project is supporting the Government of Nigeria through its agencies at the federal, state, LGA and community levels to reduce under-five and maternal mortality by delivering quality services for management of malaria, its complications, and prevention. PMI-S project focuses on strengthening the capacity of the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) for the implementation of the National Malaria Strategic Plan 2014-2020.
PMI-S will target eight states of Nigeria, namely: Akwa Ibom, Benue, Cross-River, Ebonyi, Nassarawa, Oyo, Plateau and Zamfara.
The Office Assistant is responsible for ensuring the smooth operations of logistic provided by the operations manager by providing clerical support. She or he works with the Finance and Admin Manager to make hotel and airline arrangements, provide operational assistance to staff, coordinate the arrangement of materials and equipment as specified in the activity profiles, inventory management and provide assistance to assure shipments to the projects clear customs in a timely manner.
- Other tasks as requested by supervisor
- Ensure that systems are in place in country to ensure that operations are managed and staff act in full compliance with local laws, adhere to contract/award and donor requirements, and comply with MSH policies and standard operating procedures.
- Assist staff in obtaining visas for international travel
- Provide assistance and follow up to Expats and TCNs on obtaining Nigerian resident VISAS
- Assist in organizing for the dispatch of goods and equipment whenever required and ensure that packing list, waybills and export documentations where necessary are prepared and ensure that shipping details are communicated in writing promptly to the receiver
- Arrange hotel for MSH staff, participants, consultants who are coming to / from state for assignments
- Arrange hotel for TDY staff
- Calendar management, ensuring conference rooms are booked and Meeting/conference/activity logistics and making sure to update the records regularly
- Assist in making international and local travel arrangements
- Arrange for telephones and internet modems for TDY and new staff, as the case may be
- Arrange spaces for new employees making sure the availability of desks, chairs etc. are ready for them to use on the start day
- Coordinate the approved Activity Profiles making sure that materials, equipment, etc required for the activity are organized and ready for the activity
- Maintaining and updating inventory (supplies, items, equipment) and related records.
- Coordinate catering services for official functions within and outside the office location
- Monitor and ensure compliance.
Qualifications and Experience
- Consistently looks for ways to help support.
- Demonstrated competence to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities in a time sensitive environment and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Bachelor’s Degree and / or equivalent relevant experience.
- 3 – 5 years related work experience with International organizations in Nigeria.
- Good typing skills. Good memo composition and editing skills. Good computer skills with sound knowledge of commonly used application software.
- Familiar with internet search engines and able to undertake background search on well-defined tasks.
- Inventory, Admin and logistics management.
- Verbal and written language skills in English required.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Ability to learn complex program procedures.
- Able to work independently by managing priorities and workload within general schedule of work, instructions and standardized practices.
- Excellent command of written and verbal English.
- Ability to Multi task and organize ongoing projects, looking for ways to become more efficient in completing tasks.
- Strong office and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member in a complex and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff, clients and consultants.
- Takes initiative and can start/complete tasks with basic direction.
- Excellent Computer knowledge. Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point 2007 and knowledge of Photoshop. Learn and become proficient in the firm’s management system (Applied) and other carrier software or websites, as needed.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Note that recruitment for this job position is contingent upon receiving funding and donor approval.
- Interested candidates are required to indicate, on their applications, 3 states in order of preference, where they would be willing to work in.
- They are to choose from the following states – Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Ebonyi and Oyo.
- Your CV and Application Letter are to be submitted as one document.
- Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.
Application Deadline 20th January, 2020.