Adexen has been mandated by a multinational Logistics & Supply Chain company to recruit the services of the position below:
Job Title: Transport and Logistics Manager
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Co-ordinate all transport operations for both local and international deliveries in liaison with the Operations Manager.
- Approve job orders.
- Follow up and monitor to ensure all planned loading is achieved.
- Follow up closely with Operations Team to ensure all documents required for loading are available.
- Ensures the receipt, collation, and registration of all orders.
- Negotiates transport costs to align with market trends.
- Performs the suppliers’ evaluation quarterly.
- Follow-up to ensure prompt delivery of shipment after clearance.
- Ensures that all QHSE requirements are met by Carrier providers.
- Follow-up and monitor to ensure that Carrier providers respect policies.
- Ensures that due diligence is performed on all Carrier providers
- Ensures that all Carrier providers are duly registered prior engagement.
- Regularly update the list of Carrier providers’ contact information on the Link Partners Application.
- Follow-up and monitor to ensure that Carrier providers respect the Business Code of Conduct.
- Ensure to Pre-alert transporters on possible loading.
- Supervise the allocation of jobs to various sub-contractors based on the orders received for the day.
- Follow closely on the return of transport documents.
- Source for new Carrier providers and liaise with the safety and legal department for proper validation of documents.
- Book sub-contractors and ensuring they deliver within agreed terms.
- Allocating and recording resources and movements on the transport planning system.
- Ensure all partners in the supply chain are working effectively and efficiently to ensure smooth operations.
- Plan routes and load scheduling for multi-drop deliveries.
- Book deliveries and liaise with customers.
- Communicate effectively with clients and responding to their requirements.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Negotiation skills
- Good communication and influencing skills
- Knowledge of supply chain core processes and logistics business
- Customer service
- Knowledge of basic finance fundamentals
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent certificate or technical certificate in transport management or relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in transport and logistics operations.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good supervisory and people management skills
- Organizing and planning skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline Not Specified.