Federal University, Gusau, Zamfara State – It is a conventional University established in January 2013 and currently has three faculties as follows: Faculty of Humanities and Education, Faculty of Management and Social Sciences, and Faculty of Science with a plan for additional faculties.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below in Federal University Gusau (FUGUS):
Job Title: University Legal Officer (CONTISS – 13)
Location: Gusau, Zamfara
- The University Legal Officer is the Chief Legal Adviser of the University answerable to the Registrar.
- Serve as secretary to some committees of the University.
- Coordinates industrial relations and union matters within the University
- He / she represents the University at courts and other legal fora.
- Advises the University on matters that relate to administration of justice, due process, procedures and University businesses.
- Interfaces between the University and the University external advocates.
- Drafts memorandum of understanding between sections of the University and other organizations.
- National Youth Service Corps Certificate or Exemption Letter;
- Must be computer literate.
- Possession of LLB, BL with a minimum of Second Class Lower from a recognized University;
- At least ten (10) years of post-call experience, at least five (5) of which must have been in a tertiary institution.
- Call-to-bar Certificate;
Condition of Services
- The condition of service and salaries for the stated position is as obtained in the Federal Universities in Nigeria, and as may be determined by the University Governing Council.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their typed Applications in 25 copies with photocopies of their Certificates and detailed CV under confidential cover in an envelope seal stating the Post applied for, and addressed to:
Federal University Gusau,
P.M.B 1001 Gusau,
Application Deadline 24th February, 2020.