MKOBO is a fully licensed Microfinance bank by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in Lagos, Nigeria. MKOBO was conceived to help solve consumers’ need for access to short-term emergency credit. Our goal is to provide access to short term unsecured loans, which is easily accessible. We cater to the demography currently undeserved by the Commercial banks in our aim to help increase financial inclusion of the Nigerian population.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Accountant
A young and dynamic Microfinance Bank with a vision to promote financial inclusion in Nigeria by Leveraging on Technology is currently recruiting for a dynamic, flexible and experienced Accountant who is able to work independently with little or no supervision to join our accounting department.
- Develop and manage liquidity management tools
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and other financial accounts
- Assist Head of Accounts in financial management and reporting activities.
- Manage account payables and receivables activities.
- Conduct finance audit periodically and recommend improvements.
- Develop financial policies and procedures for operational efficiency.
- Develop and maintain financial statements for future reference.
- Monitor and manage expenses within the established budget.
- Work with External Auditors for the yearly audit of the accounts.
- Full responsibility for the production of monthly management accounts
- Review and approve all reconciliation and schedules such as bank statements, schedule of accrued charges, prepayments etc.
- Statutory reporting and year end duties
- Consolidation and reporting to senior management
- Preparation of monthly budgetary control and performance.
- Preparation of overall annual budget of the bank, including the assumptions and the ratios.
- Treasury management and monitoring
- Raising invoices and ensuring invoices are paid promptly and on time.
- Assist in the preparation and review of all monthly and quarterly reports for Board, Shareholders, Regulatory bodies etc.
- Follow up on budget implementations and limits as it relates to each department. Investigates variances between budget and actual.
- Perform financial control functions.
- Good knowledge of CBN regulatory reporting
- Attention to detail and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Strong Stakeholder Management and team player.
- Self Starter and ability to work independently
- Good knowledge of popular core banking products.
- Minimum of B.Sc / HND in Accounting / Finance / Economics
- Professional qualification would be an added advantage.
- Must have 3 Years professional experience with at least 1 year in a Microfinance bank.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel & Word;
- Good knowledge of IFRS and Management Accounting
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 29th February, 2020.