Mennonite Economic Development Associates (MEDA) is an international economic development organization whose mission is to create business solutions to poverty. Founded in 1953 by a group of Mennonite entrepreneurs, we partner with people living in poverty to start or grow small and medium-sized businesses in developing regions around the world.
MEDA Nigeria WAY is seeking to engage the services of:
Job Title: Capacity Building Consultant – Nigeria WAY Project
Nigeria WAY Project Summary
- MEDA’s Youth Entrepreneurship and Women’s Empowerment in Northern Nigeria project (Nigeria WAY) in Bauchi state is a five-year project that aims at assisting poor, economically active women and youth to increase their income, specifically, those who are involved in agro-processing in the rice, soybeans, and groundnuts value chains.
- Using a private sector approach, MEDA Nigeria works with small scale businesses particularly those led by women and youth, to ensure that they are included in the market system, supporting agro-processing with smart incentives.
- Additionally, the project will work with communities and families to improve the environment where girls grow up and join the market economy.
- The overall objective of the Nigeria WAY project is to increase the contribution by entrepreneurs and small-scale businesses particularly those owned by women and youth to Nigeria’s Economic Growth.
- The Nigeria WAY project implement programs through partners who receives support in form of accountable grants for allowable expenditures which is expected to be in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and applicable local laws, regulations and guidelines.
- This engagement aims to build the capacity of partners’ Executive Directors, finance and other management staff in the areas of compliance with relevant regulation, procurement process and financial management.
- We are seeking to engage the service of a consultant to carry out a capacity need assessment for 15 subgrantees and execute capacity building trainings to our sub grantees in the area of compliance, procurement and financial management.
- The consultant will work closely with the Finance & Grants Manager and the Country Project Manager in accomplishing this task.
The consultant will undertake the following:
- Identify capacity need of fifteen (15) MEDA Nigeria WAY partners.
- Conduct a capacity building training in the identified need areas.
- Develop a workplan for the 2 major tasks as identified above
- Develop a training manual around the capacity gap(s)
- Conduct training (s) for the partners
- Provide training report to include a pre and post tests assessment report
- February – April 2020
Experience and Qualifications
Consultant should have:
- Willingness to learn and explore new experiences.
- Prior experience in INGO / NGO grants and financial management processes
- Show relevant experience in similar capacity
- Must have extensive knowledge of the local tax and relevant laws
- Excellent knowledge and ability to speak Hausa fluently
- Competence in use of accounting spreadsheet and application.
- At least Master’s degree or equivalent in Accounting, Financial Management or other related Social Sciences.
- Good training skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org with email subject – “Capacity Building Consultant – Finance”
Prospective candidates are expected to submit technical and financial proposals including the following:
- A one-page cover letter
- Understanding of the Statement of Work
- Updated CV
- Proposed assignment approach and methodology
- Proposed budget for the task.
Application Deadline 6th March, 2020 by 17:00 GMT+1.