Federal Teaching Hospital Gombe, invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Chief Medical Director
- The Chief Medical Director is the Head / Chief Executive of the institution.
- He is accountable to the Board of Management and the Honourable Minister of Health
- The Chief Medical Director is charged with the responsibility for execution of policies and matters affecting the day-to-day management of the affairs of the hospital.
Interested candidates must meet the following conditions:
- Candidates be of proven good character and integrity
- Candidates must NOT be more than fifty seven (57) years on the date of appointment
- Candidates must possess a current Practicing License from the MDCN
- Evidence of Medical Research is an added advantage
- Administrative qualification and experience is an added advantage
- Knowledge of Information and Communication Technology is an added advantage
- Attraction of funded grant(s) by individual candidates is an added advantage
- Candidates must be Medical or Dental practitioners, registered with the Medical and dental Council of Nigeria of not less than twelve (12) years post graduation.
- Candidates must be fellows of either the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or West African Postgraduate Medical College or its equivalent, registerable by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN).
- Candidates must have been Consultants for a minimum of five (5) years
- Candidates must be medically fit (ATTACH EVIDENCE)
Salary and Allowances
- Salary and allowances will be in accordance with the Public Service Salary Structure for this category of officer.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward Twenty (20) copies of their Application Letters and Curriculum Vitae with copies of cited relevant documents which should be addressed and submitted in a sealed envelop to:
The Director of Administration / Secretary to the Board,
Federal Teaching Hospital,
P.M.B. 0037- Gombe,
- Candidate should also enclose his / her Vision / Statement for the Hospital in the next four (4) years in not more than 1000 words
- The Curriculum Vitae must include the names and addresses of three (3) referees, one of whom must be a Senior Medical or Dental Practitioner of not less than twenty (20) years post qualification experience and who should be in a position to attest to the candidate’s academic, professional and managerial abilities as well as moral character and uprightness. This should be accompanied by recommendation letters from the referees.
Note: Candidates are to strictly abide by the contents of the advertisement.
Application Deadline 23rd March, 2020.