Assets Microfinance Bank Limited, is a financial institution set up to empower Nigerians with greater financial freedom by making access to loans faster, simpler, safer and more affordable.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Credit & Loans Officer
- The primary function of a Credit Officer is to identify new customers, appraise and access project applications, prepare assessments and recommendations for approval and educate borrowers as to their responsibilities in the repayment of a loan granted to them.
- We are seeking to employ the services of young target driven and goal oriented individuals, with 3-5years experience in payroll and corporate loans for immediate employment in our Credit and Loans department.
- The Credit and Loans Officer provides close support for asset management activities and reporting for a portfolio of loans; and also supports Underwriting and Business Development in strengthening relationships with clients.
- As part of Credit, the Credit and Loans Officer supports the achievement of institutional and overall Credit work plan goals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reporting – the Credit and Loans Officer will be responsible for reporting on the overall portfolio, including and not limited to assessing asset quality, stress testing, industry and market analysis, asset allocation, reserves and non-performing loan analysis as requested by the Portfolio Manager.
- Policies and Procedures – the Credit and Loans Officer will be responsible for understanding and complying with policies and procedures related to the Portfolio Management and Credit functions.
- Ensure compliance with the Banks Credit Policy and regulatory compliance standards.
- Ensure compliance with relevant investment and securities Act and Anti- money laundering policies.
- Observe and report Credit market trends, Investment opportunities, competitor activities & consumer preferences and positions.
- Loan Monitoring – The Credit and Loans Officer will support ongoing asset management of a portfolio including developing a relationship with each borrower and conducting regular loan monitoring reviews.
- The Credit and Loans Officer will prepare Credit Appraisal Memo for each loan on a regular schedule to review overall asset quality, including performance against original underwriting expectations.
- Site visits – The Credit and Loans Officer will conduct regular site visits and prepare site visit reports for loans in his portfolio in accordance with Credit policies and procedures.
- Non-performing Loans – the Credit and Loans Officer will provide support in managing non-performing loans, including but not limited to conducting site inspections, appraisal reviews, and borrower financial analysis.
- Performs other assigned duties as delegated from time to time.
Key Result Areas:
- Risk compliance
- Stakeholders feedback
- Retention of existing customers
- Acquisition of new customers
- Financial Business Management
- Risk management & credit quality
- Customer & community
- Teamwork/continuous improvement
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work under little or no supervision
- Proficient in computer and Information technology
- Minimum of BSc degree or HND in any relevant field
- 3-5years experience in a similar role
- Organized, focused, self-driven and result oriented and willing to go the extra mile
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job position as subject of their emails.
Application Deadline 14th February, 2020.
Note: Please do not apply if you don’t have any experience in payroll and corporate loans.