SOS Children’s Villages Nigeria (SOS CV Nigeria) is one of 136 Member Associations working under the umbrella of SOS Children’s Villages International, an international non-governmental social development organization. We have been active in Nigeria since 1973, with footprints across the country in: Isolo (Lagos State), Owu-Ijebu (Ogun State), Jos (Plateau State) Ibadan (Oyo State), Kaduna (Kaduna State) and Gwagwalada, (Federal Capital Territory).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
- The Driver will be based in our Lagos office Programme Location. To provide secure, timely and reliable services for the transport of authorized personnel, delivery and collection of documents (including payment transfers), supplies and other related items under the authorization of the Administration and Logistics Officer.
Co-operation and Reporting Relationships:
- Reports directly to the Admin & Logistics Officer
- Works in close relationship with the all Coworkers, while receiving directives from Supervisor only.
- Supports and gives guidance to the vehicle maintenance.
- Schedule annual vehicle examination for comprehensive vehicle servicing
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and map of the city, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts.
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by policies, rules and regulations are complied with in cases of accidents and emergencies.
- Collects documents from bank, custom office, post office, etc.
- Keeps car clean and checks regularly light, indicators, brakes, tyre pressure, oil, battery and radiator. Reports any defects to Administrator.
- Carries out the driving requirements of the Village as directed by the Village Administrator including conveying Mothers on shopping trips, taking children’s to social and sport programs.
- Drives safely at all times and observes traffic rules, keeps records of trips in logbook.
- Reports immediately any car accident to police and the Village Administrator.
- Ensures the annual car inspection is fulfilled on time before the Road Transport Authority’s deadline.
- Keeps properly vehicle documents.
- Transport of persons, goods and / or documents
- Provides transportation for the Programme Location, Programme team and other employees and visitors.
- Daily follow up on transportation planning and scheduling with the supervisor.
- Deliver payment transfers to the bank and/or the suppliers as necessary
- Receive and distribute both incoming and outgoing mail.
- Maintain logs; maintenance logs, delivery logs, movement/mileage logs.
- Deliver correspondence to government authorities and assist in processing various permits (such as airport pass etc.)
- Ensure that the official vehicle is clean (interior and exterior) is clean and in pristine condition.
- Facilitate airport pickups for visitors and transportation during official visits
- Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance and cost saving on assigned vehicle through inputs on preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans for timely minor repairs and major repairs, timely oil changes, tyre checks, brake checks, car washing, etc.
- Performs other similar duties as assigned by the Program Administrator
- Experience: 4 years
- Experience of working with an NGO or diplomatic mission
- In accordance with the Organization’s Child Protection Policy, all employment is subject to applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where required/possible.
- Education: Certificate of technical training or at least grade 10 complete
- Training: Driving License (grade 3-5)
Job Title: Wash Officer
- The WASH Officer will be based in Borno field office with frequent trips to project communities, the role holder will lead on the assessment and analysis of WASH situations of households and communities, the design of response mechanisms and the high-quality implementation of programmes in an emergency.
- He/she is responsible for compiling regular action plans and quality programme reports. In coordination with the WASH Cluster and Hygiene Promotion Technical Working Group, he/she provides technical designs and rolls out capacity building activities on WASH and oversees the successful programme implementation.
- The person is also responsible for monitoring WASH programmes, working in collaboration with other civil society organisations, local government and UN agencies (including active participation in the WASH cluster)
Priority Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop and support a strong SOS presence in Borno and other part of the northeast with regards to WASH programming whilst promoting knowledge sharing and best practices through effective stakeholder consultations.
- Identify & build relationships with relevant groups thereby contributing to a multi-stakeholder engagement which aims at developing a mechanism to monitor and implement WASH cluster/sector decisions and recommendations
- Develop and roll out learning and capacity building modules for the organisation’s staff, as well as community groups in the area of WASH and ensure learning and proper documentation both internally and externally
- Participate and ensure adequate reporting of sector meetings and other relevant information sharing mechanism for the purpose of coordination
- The role holder will be required to lead the implementation of WASH intervention and work closely with partner organisations. Work closely with the country team staff, particularly humanitarian, advocacy and communication.
- Proposing action SOS should take in its response to the humanitarian crisis.
- Under the supervision of the National Emergency Response Coordinator, ensures funds are spent for the purposes they were approved and properly accounted for. Supporting the preparation of SOS plans for effective utilisation of funds and Preparation of reports and facilitating staff capacity building.
- Compliance with financial policies and procedures including reporting requirements and contribution made to other team members in the development and implementation of WASH.
- Looks beyond and challenges data/information to generate recommendations/ outcomes that are not readily apparent from the data/information alone; seeks for and initiates new and diverse sources of information to test solutions and direction.
- Expected to question processes and ways of working to identify changes that will improve organizational performance.
- Typically involved in developing others’ skills by directing project work or in coaching and mentoring others including SOS volunteers. May have the direct responsibility for developing, coaching and motivating one or more staff, undertakes performance reviews and development of action plans to improve the performance of others, either staff or volunteers
- Degree in Geology, Engineering, Community Health and Hygiene or other related field with at least two years’ working experience implementing WASH programmes in North East Nigeria
- A thorough understanding of and ability to apply the SPHERE standards and WASH technical Guidelines in WASH programming
- Experience of the programme management cycle especially around intervention on CLTS including project appraisal, monitoring and evaluation
- Understanding of partnership approach to emergency/humanitarian work and experience of working with local partners
- Working under own initiative with a variety of different stakeholders especially within the UN cluster systems
- Experience of and commitment to working through systems of community participation and facilitating capacity building skills.
- Strong report writing, analytical and documentation skills with Good interpersonal, organisational and communication skill.
- A solid understanding of the behavioural change approach will be an asset.
- Team management (if applicable): Experience in managing a team as a strong team player with positive attitude.
- Specialised qualification in emergency and/or development work.
- Ability to speak and understand Hausa
- Understanding of the political, social and economic context of the region and the humanitarian/development issues and challenges it faces
- Experience leading water, sanitation and hygiene assessments and in designing, implementing and monitoring innovative and suitable interventions.
- Experience of policy, advocacy and communications work and cash transfer programming in humanitarian responses
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 27th February, 2020.