INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ECHO Project Manager
Location: Maiduguri with missions to the coordination office in Abuja and the field bases (Monguno, Dikwa and Ngala, Borno State)
Starting date: 01/04/2020
Reporting to: Programme Coordinator
Contract duration: 12 Months
General context of the project
- The project will focus on a holistic service provision approach, with protection concerns mainstreamed into each activity. Services provided by the partners include: primary health care, nutrition, access to safe water, improved sanitation infrastructures, waste management, hygiene promotion, improvement of shelter conditions, strengthen of the protection environment (looking at Human Rights violations, social cohesion and protection capacity strengthening of implementing teams), site management, reception centres management and NFI distribution for new arrivals. In addition, a multisector emergency rapid response is also planned for in this project.
- Specifically, INTERSOS will directly implement Health and Nutrition activities (Primary Health Care through health post and mobile units, Sexual Reproductive Health and integrated Nutrition support), Protection activities (protection outreach and monitoring, community centers, case management for PWSN, and protection capacity building) and CCCM (Management of 2 Reception Centres).
- INTERSOS is partnering with Solidarities International to deliver an integrated multi-sector response targeting conflict-affected populations in
- Borno State, North-East Nigeria. The partnership will cover the most urgent needs for IDPS and host communities in the Local Government Areas (LGA) of Monguno, Dikwa and Ngala, among the hot-spots receiving the largest number of IDPs.
- The project will cover part of the current life-saving needs, as well as a crisis modifier component to allow both partners to have the best operational flexibility possible to respond rapidly to massive influx of new IDPs, epidemics outbreaks, floods, and storms.
General Purpose of the position
- S/he must be able to motivate and lead a diverse team of staff as well as effectively oversee the activities, budgets and partnerships.
- The successful candidate should possess significant experience managing program, financial and operations of ECHO or other international donor-funded projects.
- This position is subject to project award and funding.
- The Project Manager is accountable for the overall vision and leadership of the project and is accountable for delivering results of this multi-sectoral project. The PM will also oversee the activities, Administrative, HR and Logistics component of the multi-sectoral project, ensuring operations quality, strategic programming and planning, as well as strategic growth and strong external and internal representation and advocacy.
- S/He will be responsible of the partnership with SI and the reporting mechanisms related to project achievements and M&E related aspects.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Represent the project at high-level meetings, conferences, and other fora.
- Guide team members to fulfill the project’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Supervise and mentor senior staff, delegating responsibilities as appropriate. Clearly communicate expectations for staff performance.
- National/local authorities, State institutions, local civil society and other relevant actors
- Establish appropriate links with national and local authorities, State institutions, local civil society and other relevant actors to maintain appropriate coordination and information exchange with them;
- Promote the capacity building of relevant authorities, where deemed necessary;
- Oversee the implementation and completion of all technical requirements, including project results and deliverables, in accordance with the project work plan.
- Build and maintain productive working relationships with partnership leader (Solidarites International), ECHO, and key stakeholders at the international, national and sub-national level.
- Serve as the primary liaison among key project stakeholders.
- Manage the project’s operational, financial, and administrative priorities; direct the planning and budgeting processes.
- Create or adapt project management systems in line with INTERSOS’s standard operating procedures, ensuring consistency with project needs.
- Design and oversee an annual project cycle in accordance with INTERSOS’s annual planning cycles
- With staff and partners, translate project goals and objectives into implementable strategies and plans.
- Oversee the preparation of donor-required reports, M&E reports, and other deliverables, as specified in the agreement, reporting against the project’s targets.
- Ensure effective monitoring, evaluation and documentation of the program, and that any learning is built into the design of future programmatic work
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team members.
- Draft (internal) narrative reports and contribute to the development of financial reports through regular budgetary follow up.
- Contribute to drafting of (external) technical reports, ensuring the quality and accuracy of information provided.
- Ensure robust and strategic information is available to enable partner management to review consortium management and implementation.
- Play a key role in consortium representation in formal and informal relationships with partner, donor, government authorities and other stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Support the design of cross consortium advocacy initiatives and participate in advocacy activities that target decision-makers in-country related to project advocacy objectives.
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Information Management and Reporting
- Ensure accurate budget forecasting and expense planning
- Review the financial and expense reports to avoid under/overspending
- Contribute to the development of project procurement plans
- Responsible for all logistics procedures for the project in coordination with logistics department, ensuring Intersos and Donor requirements are met, and proper documentation is collected and maintained for all procurements.
- Ensure regular performance appraisal and career management of project teams
- Ensure a positive working environment and good team dynamics
- Manage interpersonal conflicts
- Ensure capacity building among project staff Transparency / Compliance
- Ensure all administrative procedures are followed for staff in the field, updating personal details on file, accurate ToRs for each staff member, payroll, etc.
- Participate in the transparent and timely recruitment of project staff (developing organigrams, ToRs, elaborating recruitment tests)
- Together with Security Coordinator, Head of Base and Fields Security focal points, assess risks in the areas of project implementation and develop context-specific CPP, MOSS and SOPs
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (Social Sciences, International Relations/ Development, Humanitarian Assistance, Business Administration or related field) from an accredited academic institution.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in either protection, CCCM, Health and Nutrition- Ideally a combination of Protection in an emergency, H&N in Emergency, CCCM experience or exposure would be preferred. Knowledge of ECHO procedures would be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated skills building and maintaining relationships with host governments, donors, other donor-funded projects and stakeholders, local organizations, and partners.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent demonstrated interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Experience recruiting, developing, and managing staff and teams.
- Previous experience in Nigeria is an advantage but not a requirement.
- Demonstrable experience of project management and the project management cycle including planning, monitoring, financial and budget management, reporting etc.
- Experience managing ECHO cooperative agreements and/or contracts as well as the implementation of donor and INTERSOS priorities, including HDP Nexus, preferred.
- Experience managing complex activities involving coordination with multiple program partner institutions.
- Fluency in English is required; knowledge of local/regional languages is a plus.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 20th February, 2020.