The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Electrical Supervisor
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
- Repair and maintenance of 2X300 tons and 2X600 tons Central A/C chillers
- Repair and maintenance of Air Handling Unit (AHU) and cold stores in major buildings
- Repair and maintenance of all electrical aspects of Gene-bank cold stores
- Perform all other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Repair and maintenance of high current control panels, condensers, electric motor in a central chilling plant
- Repair and maintenance of cooling towers for the condenser in chilling plant
- BSC / HND Electrical Engineering or related field with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a reputable organization.
- Have a good working knowledge of electrical engineering.
- Have good interpersonal skills, be honest and hardworking.
- Experience in repairs and servicing of cold stores/room is added advantage
How to Apply
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 2nd March, 2020.