The University of Uyo is located in Uyo, capital of Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria. The university was formerly known as the University of Cross River State. On October 1, 1991 the Federal government of Nigeria established it as a federal university and the name was changed to the University of Uyo.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified persons for the position below in the University Staff School:
Job Title: Head Master / Head Mistress
Qualification and Experience
To qualify for appointment as Headmaster or Headmistress at the University Staff School, Uyo, the officer shall have:
- B.Sc. (Ed), B.Ed, plus 19 years post qualification cognate experience.
- B.Sc. (Ed), B.Ed., M.Sc. (Ed), M.Ed, plus 8 years post qualification cognate experience.
The Right Candidates:
- The right candidates for the positions of Headmaster or Headmistress must have verifiable track record of competence, hard-work, dedication and capacity to be a Team Leader, in addition, the preferred candidates must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, should be in good health to be able to sustain the demands of the office.
Salary and Condition of Service
- CONTISS 14 (N 1,831,708.00 – N2,392,572.00)
Conditions of Service:
- The conditions attached to the positions are generally applicable in the Nigerian University system and in the public service of Nigeria and as may, from time to time be determined by the University Governing Council.
- The appointment shall be on such terms and conditions as may be specified on his/her letter of appointment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit ten (10) type-written copies of their Application Letters, credentials and detailed Curriculum Vitae, duly endorsed giving the information in the order listed below:
- Full Name
- Post Desired
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- State of Origin
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Postal Address
- E-mail Address
- Telephone Number
- Marital Status
- Number of Children with Names and Age
- Institutions Attended (with date)
- Academic Qualifications (with date where applicable)
- Professional Qualifications (with date where Applicable)
- Working Experience, General and Specific Experience (with date)
- Present Employment, Status, Salary (Detail work schedule)
- Extra-curricular Activities
- Names and Address of three Referees. The referees should forward their reference reports on the candidate under confidential cover directly to the address below.
Applicants are advised to write boldly at the left-hand corner of the envelopes containing their application, the position to which they are responding to. All applications should be addressed and submitted to:
University of Uyo,
P.M.B. 1017, Uyo,
Akwa Ibom State.
Application Deadline 9th April, 2020.
- Please note that late application will not be entertained.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Candidates invited to the interview should bring along with them original of their credentials.