Bookminders Nigeria is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Junior Accountant
- We are looking for an ambitious Junior Accountant to provide support by managing daily accounting tasks.
- Preparing financial statements and reporting are a large part of the junior accountant’s day-to-day work. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers and attention to detail.
- The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the organization. This way it can make the right decisions and accomplish long term success.
- Maintains financial records for subsidiary companies by analyzing balance sheets and general ledger accounts.
- Reconciles general and subsidiary bank accounts by gathering and balancing information.
- Provides financial status information by preparing special reports; completing special projects.
- Corrects errors by posting adjusting journal entries.
- Maintains general ledger accounts by reconciling accounts receivable detail and control accounts; adjusting entries for amortizations prepaids; analyzing and reconciling retainage and accounts payable ledgers; preparing fixed asset depreciation and accruals.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups; keeping information confidential.
- Maintains accounting controls by following policies and procedures; complying with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly report
- Assist with other accounting projects
- Generate reports of financial status information
- Calculate payroll taxes
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements
- Update accounts receivable and issue invoices
- Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Proven experience as a junior accountant
- Excellent organizing abilities
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with relevant computer software (e.g. Sage)
- Qualifications (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) is a plus but not required
- BSc / BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field.
- Great attention to detail
- Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 2nd March, 2020.