The Cece Yara Foundation is a child-cantered, not-for-profit organisation established to promote a safe childhood for children; access to care, information, protection and emergency intervention for children who are sexually abused or at risk, and their non-offending family members. We focus on preserving the joyfulness of an innocent childhood by upholding the rights of the child as enshrined in the Nigerian Child’s Rights Act and the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead Child Therapist
- The Lead Therapist serves a critical role in our team-based model of servicing Cece Yara Client in need of therapy. Lead Therapist provides extensive training and coaching to Child Helpline Counsellors.
- The Lead Therapist also works closely with the Executive Director to develop programs, create materials for therapy, and prepare data for review and decision making.
- The Lead Child Therapist in addition to her existing role will be responsible for the following
- Our Lead Child Therapist. /Professional Counselor should be a licensed mental health therapist who provide assessment, diagnosis and counseling to children and non-offending family member of children who have been sexually abused and children facing other social problems overcome their depressed state.
- The Lead Therapist must belong to a professionally recognised body.
- Monitor Client’s case files.
- Schedule dates for counselling session.
- Organize and facilitate periodic training sessions for CHL Counselors on Counselling skills, effective response and intervention.
- Collaborate with the CYF team to initiate and implement interventions that will contribute to improved services rendered by the organization.
- Keep the overreaching aim of the organization by ensuring the organization maintains its strategic vision.
- Liaise with other services providers, when required to help make necessary intervention and referrals.
- Write articles on issues related counselling and therapy
- Carry out other duties required by the management of the organisation.
- Lead therapist will also conduct individual therapy with clients.
- Provide hands on training for new CHL Counsellor
- Monitor, support, and coach Assistant therapist assigned to her in ensuring all treatment plans are being run effectively and as intended
- Act as a liaison between the parents, /Caregiver/Client and the Case Management Team to ensure consistency and clear communication
- Meet regularly with the Case Management Team to discuss caseload and client progress
- Provide hands training for parent and non-offending caregiver.
- Provide Counselling services for Parents or Guardians when necessary.
- Prepare reports on client’s progress.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 2nd March, 2020.