Egbin Power Plc. Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa, it was built to meet the every rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.
Following the nation’s privatization exercise, Sahara, through its power division, Sahara Power Group and sundry affiliations, acquired the 1320 MW installed capacity Egbin Power Plant. We are working towards deploying a minimum of 5,000 MW of electricity generation over the next five years.
Job Title: Legal Officer
Location: Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
- To provide legal, professional, contractual support to Egbin Power Plc.; whilst identifying risks, reducing liabilities, preventing litigation and ensuring strict compliance with laws.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide sound and efficient legal advisory services to Egbin Power Plc.
- Support in the provision of advice to Egbin Power Plc. on compliance with acceptable rules and regulatory requirements regarding Egbin Power Plc. business interests or company matters in general.
- Provide advice and recommendations that ensures that company operations, procedures and policies are within relevant statutes and legislation in Nigeria.
- Assist in handling regulatory matters with respect to governing power sector acts and regulations, resolving regulatory issues with respect to Power Purchase Agreements.
- Monitor developments with respect to changes in government policies on Power Generation, power sale, rules & regulations of related policies and advice Head Legal and Regulatory on implications.
- Support in periodic reporting, MIS and Management Inputs.
- Assist in organization and administration of the legal department.
- Conduct regular environmental scan to keep abreast of the latest case-law and statues/amendments specific to the Power Sector.
- Provide drafts, negotiate, administer, interpret; perfect and advice on commercial agreements, letters, forms and other legal documents related to the organization as required.
- Work with the Head of Legal & Regulatory to ensure that approved contracts are duly executed by the relevant parties and signatories.
- Attend company meetings and rendering such secretarial services as may be deemed appropriate to support the Board Secretariat.
- Assist in the entire review and approval processes for all contracts in accordance with the process and the limits of authority policies.
- Liaise with external solicitors working on the Company’s matters, litigation and transactions.
- Perform other functions that may be assigned to him/her by the Head, Legal & Regulatory Services.
- Minimum qualification is Degree in Law, L.L.B, B.L (Second Class Lower Division)
- LLM or any relevant Post Graduate Qualification is an added advantage.
- Minimum of Three (3) years’ experience working as a corporate lawyer.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good written, oral and communication skills
- Ability to synthesize information and make clear, concise recommendations on courses of action.
- Appreciable business judgment, critical thinking skills and ability to prioritize assignments.
- Good negotiation skills and influencing skill
- High ethical standards and integrity
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook
- Strong analytical skills to form objective conclusions.
- Good business writing and documentation/ drafting skills
- Knowledge of substantive law and legal procedures
- High degree of reliability, confidentiality, discretion, quality and professionalism
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted