Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Front Desk Officer
- To ensure that communication between Plan Nigeria and its customers both internal and external are conducted in a smooth and professional manner.
- To receive Plan International Nigeria’s visitors and coordinate visits to staff within the office premises.
Dimensions of the Role
- Interface between Plan International Nigeria and the public
- All Plan staff
- Coordinate and organization of the reception of Plan International Nigeria
- Area of Responsibility – Country Office
- Custodian of Petty cash funds
- Processing of mails
- Handle all incoming and outgoing calls in a professional manner
- Ensure that the front office/reception hall is kept clean and managed in a professional manner.
- Receive visitors and directing them appropriately
- Management of Petty cash funds disbursement and Replenishing petty cash to ensure cash balances are not exhausted.
- Receives Cash and raises receipts (ensure all documents are signed)
- Prepare Bank Deposit Slips and forwards deposit slip and receipts to the finance department
- Delivers/releases cheque to payee (Vendors or service providers)
- Receive and deliver all applications for recruitment purposes;
- Provide an interface between correspondences from other organizations and Plan Nigeria
- Support in purchase requisition creation and maintenance in SAP
- Effect any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Admin Coordinator
- Receive mails and parcels and ensure that they are appropriately dispatched without delay.
- Register all incoming and outgoing calls and mails, and other correspondence
- Assist in the provision of logistical support for all meetings, workshops
- Develop a rating system for mails received for the CD to enable easy retrieval;
- Carry out other duties assigned by his/her supervisor
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- Degree or Certification Business Administration or any related field
- At least 2 years working experience in a similar position and with a credible institution
- Proficient in English (oral and written)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel and Word)
- Strong communication and people skills
- Good organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Problem-solving skills
- Customer service orientation
- Proven experience as front desk representative, agent or relevant position
- Familiarity with office machines (e.g. fax, scanners, printer etc.)
- Knowledge of office management and basic bookkeeping
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 5th March, 2020.