BU Power we are a company established to develop and operate independent power plants. Our focus is meeting the power requirements of our customers in the Health, Educational, Industrial and Commercial Sectors of the Nigerian Economy. We take pride in the fact that our clients enjoy reliable and uninterrupted electricity all year round.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Operations Manager
- Day to day management of operations portfolio.
- To ensure appropriate maintenance and management of machinery and equipment across the organization
- To oversee the operations and maintenance of all company machinery and equipment
- Conduct routine inspection on all machines and equipment to ascertain their state and working condition.
- Monitor the activities of maintenance contractors to ensure adherence to agreed Service Level Agreement.
- Ensure timely and adequate repair and maintenance of all equipment.
- Actively work with the maintenance manager towards the formulation and implementation of maintenance / engineering department related Standard Operating Procedures.
- Participate in the analysis and documentation of short- and long-term infrastructure / machinery requirement or needs.
- To identify service improvement areas.
- Develop maintenance schedule for all machines and ensure strict adherence to the schedule.
- Proactively initiate and maintain good relationships with all maintenance vendors and regulatory bodies.
- Manage emergency situations that might arise from mechanical, electrical or communication system failure
- Provide on-site maintenance support for all Group’s mechanical and electrical installations and fittings.
- A University Degree or its equivalent in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering. Other relevant certificate will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of five years post-graduation experience preferably in an engineering environment
- Strong equipment / machinery maintenance skill.
- Excellent technical background
- Ability to lead, train and own a team of young graduates
- Sound ethics and integrity.
- Tactful and diplomatic.
- Multi-tasking and deadline oriented.
- Good communicator
Job Title: Project Officer
- Work on a wide range of projects in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Contribute to the analysis, development and delivery of our expansion projects.
- Project planning and scheduling through the use of MS Project
- Budget Cost sheet and POW reconciliation
- Brief conceptualization to design stage
- Design stage management and review
- Tendering and Contract management
- Reporting – Technical, progress and status
- Assist in technical coordination
- Site meeting coordination
- Project implementation supervision
- Provide support roles to the Project support team
- Interact with senior management on a daily basis to drive decisions which affect ongoing projects
- Participates in design meetings with the architects, engineers and project team members
- Participates in negotiation meetings with the contractors/consultants, vendors, tenants
- Ability to work in a team and bring new innovations to programs and projects
- Provide regular reports on the project.
- Can participate in procurement
- Must be a graduate of engineering. Advanced degree such as an MBA will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 4 years working experience in an engineering environment
- Ability to interact with co-workers, contractors, and/or vendors in an articulate, courteous and business-like manner at all times.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to produce quality work in a consistent manner.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Adaptability to changing demands.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while under pressure.
- Result oriented.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel (including creating models), Word and Power.
Job Title: Personal Driver
- Safely and timely drive the employer to work and back, and to occasions
- Safely drive the employer’s relatives, visitors, business partners and associates to and from places authorized by the employer
- Ensure that the car is clean at all times by washing both its interior and exterior
- Carry out routine inspection on the car to ensure that it is always in good condition
- May be required to travel out of Lagos with the employer
- Carry out other assignments that may be given by the employer
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV in a PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as subject of the email.
Application Deadline 22nd February, 2020.