Role Model School (RMS) – We are delighted that you are considering RMS for your child’s education. RMS is a Christian school founded in 2001 by Daystar Christian Centre, and we have kept a holistic record of excellence since then.
At Role Model School, we provide excellence in all areas of life. We value education highly and recognize it as the foundation and future of our nation.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: School Nurse
- They also advocate for the physical, emotional, mental, and social health of pupils/staff.
- The School Nurse is responsible for identifying both actual and potential health problems and providing case management services. He/she shall provide expertise and oversight of school health services and to promote health education.
- The goal of the School Nurse is to treat student injuries or illnesses and advise students, their parents or guardians, and staff on health issues.
- Apart from injuries and sudden ailments, school nurses may also support students with illness by administering medication to them.
- Perform health screenings
- Coordinate referrals to private healthcare providers
- Serve as liaisons between school personnel, family, and community healthcare providers to ensure a healthy school environment
- Using their clinical knowledge and judgment, school nurses routinely perform the following duties:
- Provide healthcare to pupils and staff
- Overseeing infection control measures
- Actively participating in school safety plans that address school violence, bullying, and emergencies that may occur at school
- Overseeing medication administration, health care procedures, and the development of healthcare plans
- Overseeing vision, hearing, body mass index, and mental health screening procedures
- Making decisions related to the delegation of healthcare tasks as directed by state laws and professional practice guidance
- Providing health advice to school educational teams, such as the Committee on Special Education and the Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) team
- Assisting families with locating outside care and obtaining health insurance
- Developing plans for Pupils care based on assessment, interventions, and identification of outcomes, and the evaluation of care
- Serving as consultants with other school professionals, such as food service personnel, physical education teachers, coaches, and counselors
- Providing health-related education to students and staff in both individual and group settings
- Monitoring immunizations, managing communicable diseases, and assessing the school environment as to prevent injury and ensure safety
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing and RN license
- Experience: Minimum of 4 years’ work experience in a good school.
- Ability to communicate well with others
- Ability to assess situations and act quickly
- Knowledge of state health regulations
- Ability to multitask.
- Knowledge of many areas of health including mental health
- Knowledge of school laws and policies
- Ability to work independently or with others
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 16th March, 2020.