PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) – Our client, the Embassy of the Kingdom of Netherlands in Abuja and the Consulate General in Lagos have focus areas ranging from trade promotion and cooperation to political analysis, human rights promotion and consular affairs. The Embassy in Abuja is responsible for the bilateral relations between the Netherlands and Nigeria, and deals with political issues, human rights, development cooperation and security issues. The Netherlands Consulate General in Lagos is responsible for trade and investment promotion in Nigeria.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Policy Adviser – Kingdom of Netherlands
Reference Number: 130-PEO01127
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Job type: Permanent
Roles & Responsibilities
Analysis, advice and reporting:
- Provide advice on human rights and identify relevant actions in these areas for the Embassy and the Netherlands and works with embassy colleagues to achieve results in all the above mentioned fields;
- Supports the Consulate General in Lagos in identifying and reporting on trade and investment opportunities for Dutch companies in Nigeria;
- Provides relevant information to the business community at large and hands-on professional assistance to Dutch businesses in Nigeria, in close cooperation with the Consulate General in Lagos;
- Performs logistic and administrative tasks related to his/her field of work, specific embassy projects and high-level visits. Keeps Achilles-system on interactions with Dutch companies up-to-date.
- Monitors, analyses and reports on the political economic, financial, social situation and relevant (policy) developments in Nigeria with respect to economic policy, the budget, IMF, ECOWAS and the energy sector
- Advises policy makers on key socio-economic and political development particularly in the Niger Delta, good governance, terrorism and other security challenges the Niger-Delta, good governance, terrorism and other security challenges and developments of policy and legislation in the energy sector, specifically the oil and gas industry
- Builds, enhances and maintains a relevant political network with active outreach to governmental and non-governmental key players on different levels of political governance;
- Enhances and maintains bilateral economic relations by building and maintaining relevant networks with economic players and relevant economic government institutions;
- Participates in relevant meetings and seminars.
Presentation & Promotion:
- Assists in the preparation and realization of (ministerial) visits and other incoming missions, including by ensuring appointments with relevant counterparts;
- Assists in other embassy activities when needed;
- Must be willing to make regular business trips within Nigeria.
- Presents and explains the Dutch position and policies regarding political and economic issues to the Nigerian audience;
- Identifies and implements promotional activities related to economic and trade activities in Nigeria as well as public diplomacy events, in close cooperation with the Consulate General in Lagos;
- University or Polytechnic qualification in any relevant Social Science course
- An MBA or Master’s degree in any business-related discipline will be an added advantage
- At least 8 years of professional experience in a similar field of work
- Communication; Innovative; Enthusiastic; Networking; Initiative; Customer Orientated; Planning and Organisational; Analytic, Cultural Sensitivity; Independent; Quality oriented; Team player; Flexible
- Dutch Language, or the willingness to learn the Dutch language to be able to understand/ read Dutch is an advantage.
- Levels of Nigerian Economy; Nigerian Public and Private sector; Civil society; Use of social media; English Language; MS Office;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 20th March, 2020.