A reputable Non-governmental Organization (NGO) dedicated to the prevention, treatment, care and support of diseases of public health importance in Nigeria seeks to recruit qualified persons to fill critical position necessary for their programme implementation. The organization works in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, USAID, Global Fund as well as the British government to fight AIDS, Malnutrition, Tuberculosis and Malaria in Nigeria.
We are seeking qualified and suitable candidates to assume the vacant position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer – Monitoring & Evaluation
Job Reference Code: TOSID4410
Slot: 2 Openings
- The job holder will be a member of the State Team and will support program monitoring and evaluation (M&E), and quality assurance (QA) systems.
- Support the setting up of M&E and QA systems at new program sites in the state.
- S / He will provide technical assistance to program sites in the collection, analysis, reporting and use of output data for program improvement.
- S / He will share program output data with the state team and the State Government through the state team Lead and monitor the progress of the program towards achieving targets in the State.
- Facilitate the provision of technical support to strengthen M&E and QA systems at the state level.
- Contribute to the development and review of appropriate data collection tools and procedures for all monitoring and reporting needs.
- Contribute to the periodic review of the organization’s quality improvement protocol, in line with national protocol.
- Conduct periodic visits to program sites
- Work in collaboration with other members of the state team to follow up on Monitoring & Evaluation Committees at the program sites to ensure the promotion of data utilization by relevant end-users.
- Provide technical support to site Quality Improvement Committees to set up and implement internal quality management in collaboration with the State Team.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have knowledge of SPSS or STATA or knowledge of DHIS, MS-Access or other compatible database software will be of added advantage.
- Must have experience conducting monitoring visits, utilising checklists and other tools, including the ability to develop M&E tools as needed.
- Must possess a Medical or Pharmacy degree (MBBS or B.Pharm) or a health-related degree and a minimum of 6 years’ relevant experience supporting the implementation of M&E systems, and planning and executing program evaluation. An MPH degree will be an advantage.
- Must possess the ability to analyse and interpret both quantitative and qualitative data to inform programming.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their Applications to: email@example.com Applicants will be required to attach a CV with a suitability Statement that states how their skills, knowledge and experience make them suitable, and indicate the “Job reference Code and Location” as subject of the email.
Application Deadline 3rd March, 2020.
- The suitability Statement should not exceed a page and must appear on the first page if the CV, contained in one document. Any application that is not in line with this instruction will not be considered.
- Late application will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.