Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 150 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WECA Chief Financial Officer
Ref Id: 804011
Location: Nigeria – Lagos
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications: Replacement WECA CFO based in Nigeria
Worker Type: Employee
Worker Sub-Type: Regular
Job Type: Full time
- The scope of the role includes delivery of business results, finance operations, talent development, business analytics, and organizational leadership.
- This role is a highly visible, pass-through assignment with exposure to senior executives of the company. It is expected that the successful candidate will demonstrate significant leadership and executive potential beyond this role in Kimberly-Clark.
- Reporting to the MEA CFO and partnering with the General Manager WECA, the WECA CFO is a top management level position that plays a critical role in developing and implementing business strategy.
- Champion forecast accuracy. and reporting that includes modeling and driving internal alignment
- Oversee budgeting and the implementation to monitor progress and present financial metrics both internally and externally. Look for ways to increase the efficiency of spending and maximize return on investments
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems, ensuring compliance with accounting, regulatory, and internal audit requirements
- Drive the organization’s capability, leveraging systems & shared service efficiencies, and being a champion of sharing and adopting best practices
- Drive efficiency and control through finance operations – accounting, tax, treasury, and shared services
- Be a talent magnet. Serve as a strong talent developer by hiring, developing, retaining and promoting direct reports, managing work allocation, training, problem resolution, performance evaluation, and raising the performance bar
- Act as steward of our top talent, building strong succession plans to enable increased leadership exposure, career move velocity, being a champion for promoting diversity and inclusion in the organization and being an advocate of our global finance talent development process
- Influence cross-functional and cross-divisional teams outside of direct span of control
- A true business leader and senior member of the WECA Leadership Team the candidate will assess business performance against both the annual plan and long-term strategic goals. The leader will also ensure appropriate tools and systems are available to provide critical financial and operational information and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations
- Shape, develop, and drive the strategy of the business together with the General Manager and WECA leadership team. The role of CFO extends beyond financial management; it is a business leader that positively contributes to long term strategy development and operational excellence
- Drive transformation and optimization of operating structure and processes, including cost management, commercial investments, innovation, while at the same time being a visionary leader in support of growth.
- Champion working capital efficiency, forecast accuracy, growth, innovation, and improving ROIC
- Lead long-term strategic planning and cost management in alignment with the strategic plan, including potential investments.
- Understanding key risks facing the business and helping the business team assess and undertake smart risks to drive growth
- Work collaboratively ensuring ownership of the Balance Sheet whilst retaining accountability
- Develop insightful analyses as well as highly intuitive and actionable reporting/dash-boarding to illuminate risks and opportunities. Proactively develop, recommend, and implement business performance improvement initiatives to measurably enhance business profitability and working capital levels
- Previous exposure and experience in audit, accounting, control, tax and treasury, ideally gained in top 4 accounting practice
- A leader in control & compliance. A pillar of ethics within the business
- Must possess and demonstrate a high degree of financial, analytical and process leadership competence
- Strong strategic agility, critical thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated strong teamwork and leadership skills. Strong communication and presentation skills. Strong interpersonal skills along with exceptional influence and change management skills.
- ACCA / CIMA (relevant accounting qualifications in Nigeria)
- 10+ years of broad financial experience – strategic and operational
- Experience in the MEA region supporting a consumer goods business, and ideally experience in Nigeria CPG
- Knowledge and experience in working across the economic cycles within MEA
- Experience with evaluation and analysis of financial information and making actionable recommendations that deliver results
- Experience managing the finance function (accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting), preferably within a global organization. Experience and strong track record in managing Working Capital and Cash Flows.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply